Saturday, 3 October 2015

Journal Page

Hi All from a dark and dismal NE UK coast. It  has been wonderful weather for the last week so maybe it has come to an end now. How lovely that you called in at Jumbled Crafts-thank you. This week I did my 1000th post which would normally have meant blog candy but I see that itsn't as fashionable now as it used to be. I would have found it very difficult to choose one  person to send anything to as I think everyone who pops in and comments deserved my thanks. I have been inspired, encouraged and supported in so many ways so, a BIG THANK YOU to all of you.

Now to my make for today which I made for Art Journal Journey where the theme this time is Architecture and for A Vintage Journey where Alison has chosen Journalling with Tim. Her post made me smile and her make made me smile even more so do pop over and see what it is all about.


The text I scanned from the book

This  page is made with stencils and TH distressed inks and is A4 size. I used Broken China, Aged Mahogany and Dusty Concord. I did the background lightly with TH Inkssentials ink pads the stencilled over that.


This is the stencil book I used which is priced at £9.99 but I got it for £1 at the car boot sale near to where I live. I am looking forward to trying more of the stencils for sure and Distressed Ink is just right to get the best effect.

Have a lovely day everyone and a great weekend

Chrissie xx

19 comments:

  1. Your post made ME smile when I saw that first picture! That stencil book you got for a bargain £1 I bought circa 1995... in fact I bought a second one for a gift too.. I still havemine although I haven't used it much in my papercrafts. (I bought it for wall décor) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 1000 posts, well done. Your stencil book is a real bargain, have fun using the stamps. And thanks for making this lovely page for Art Journal Journey, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the 1000 posts Chrissie! I always love to visit you here and want to say thank you for all your support to the challenges!
    I think this book was really a bragain! Well done!
    The page is beautiful - thank you for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey!
    Happy weekend dear Chrissie!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Chrissie ! It's always such a pleasure to visit your blog and admire your gorgeous creations ! Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely arch, good layout with the stencils, and I like your restricted colour scheme.
    1000 posts - wonderful, and I've a long way to go to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elegant, beautiful page. Lovely stencil.
    You've been busy to post so huge number of things.
    Wishing you a great weekend ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on 1,000 posts ! I have to check to see how many I've done, I'm sure it's no where near that number ! amazing accomplishment. Your arch is beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's a bargain book buy - and I love the Gothic arch on your page. Beautiful inky colours and blending - thank you so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey - I'm so glad it all made you smile!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous gothic arch and well done on your 1000th post and than you for sharing all your work with us to get you to your 1000th post xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chrissie, what a bargain of a book you found at the boot sale. Its a fantastic journal page.
    Congratulations on your milestone post.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. My brain's just nudged me five hours later to say I never congratulated you on the amazing milestone of 1000 posts (who can understand the workings of the human mind?!)... I see that it's right. I do congratulate you, and look forward to the next 1000. It's always a delight to visit here.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Make that three hours... And now I'm going to sleep - clearly too frazzled for maths! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous page with the Gothic arch, Chrissie, and congrats for your 1000 posts. Well done!
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely soft stencilling. Lucky find with the book.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Belated congrats for your 1000th post!
    What a great bargain Chrissie, well done for finding that - love your stencilled artwork... Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the 1000 postings Chrissie, such a milestone.
    Love the Gothic Arch stencil pages and what a bargain find with the book.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on 1000 posts! I love your page and what a great find that book was! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic way to put that fab stencilling book to use Chrissie! Love the Gothic arch. So dramatic. And huge congratulations on your 1000 posts. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely architectural page! Wonderful stencil and colors - thanks so much for joining us in the A Vintage Journey Challenge - and congrats on your milestone post!! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your comments. Reading them brings precious moments. Isn't it great to be able to be in touch with so many nice people in this way.