Friday, 6 May 2016

Journal Paper and Amazon Envelope

Afternoon All. Not very often I use the laptop in the afternoon but it does seem to be the only way to be able to do posts and add pictures so here I am. Hope your day has been going well and the sun has been shining as it is here. Thank you for calling in and I hope you enjoy seeing what I have made today.

At Art Journal Journey the challenge theme this month is Journeys and today I have made a page for a difficult journey I made a few years ago and now I feel I need a reminder of the journey before I have to do it all over again.

I am sure many of you have made the same journey and maybe even more than once. I thought if I pinned this up on the wall the few pounds that have crept back on may go away--I will have to help them of course. Today I went to a coffee morning for Cancer Research at the Martial Arts Club. The people were all really nice and I have more or less said I will join a fitness class on Mondays there.

I have a wild collection of different sizes of Amazon Envelopes and always seem to have plans for them but never get around to doing any of them. I did just that first thing this morning and finished it this afternoon.

So here it is and I looked in my challenges to do book and found lots of challenges it will fit. I intend to keep the titles of books I have read and their authors, in the envelope.

 Envelope-before
Envelope with book pages and faux stitching
I used the Tim Holtz Measure stencil
TH Tattered Flower Die for both flowers
TH Tickets from the Expedition set
Paper by K and Co
Book pages from a dear friend Max--thank you Max

Challenges to enter with the project

       Country View Crafts --Use a stencil
        Our Creative Corner --Hit the Books
     Altered Eclectics  --Anything Goes
          Crafting By Designs -- Anything Goes
                      A Vintage Journey  --Use Fabric(Sew Special)

Who would have thought one project would fit so many of the blogs I love to visit.

Love Chrissie xx

23 comments:

  1. Love the envelope, what a great transformation. The journal page is great, that really was a journey, and it will serve as a good reminder to you. Thanks so much for joining us at MM&M and at AJJ, much appreciated, and good luck with the other challenges. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous alteration Chrissie, and what a good way to remind yourself of that journey that I think many of us recognize.... love the stencilling you did too, great idea to use that Tim Holtz one. Good luck with all the challenges and thanks for adding it to our sew special one at AVJ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That envelope is just wonderful!
    Hugs,
    Michelle ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. The alterations to the envelope look fabulous Chrissie and a good idea for its new use. I can relate to your journey page, its not an easy one. You should be proud of what you achieved.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this because it is a great way celebrate your successful journey. I need to make that journey -again. Big kudos to you for your success! Love your envelope too! HUgs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fabulous transformations - you and the envelope. I so enjoyed reading this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I got right, I want to congratulate for your success!
    I really like how you altered the envelope. I have'n patiece to do such job.
    Have a wondeful wekend,
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of the envelopes, and I think you look lovely in both before and after pics.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic idea to celebrate a very successful journey dear Chrissie - congrats! I managed so many pounds already, but now I stopped for months - I hope that I will manage to lose some more weight - even though I am quite satisfied so far - I decided to do more fitness as well - maybe this will help to bring more success.I love your wonderful altered envelope-- looks amazing!
    Thank you for showing us your weight loss journey page at AJJ!
    Happy Saturday!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  10. And thank you ♥ for linking to Moo Mania & More as well dear Chrissie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous page, you look great x Fabulous way to decorate your Amazon envie, love it and you've found a great use for it too xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great page for your very special private journey and you look very sympathetic on both of the photos.
    What you did with the AMazon envelope looks so nice and is a great idea. I will also try it with my next Amazon envelope, thanks.
    Dear greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic project and very clever idea! Good luck with your continuing journey and thanks for joining us at Altered Eclectics, Jane (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a creative repurpose for your Amazon envelope! love the stenciling, burlap strip and layered bloom - a great place to keep a list of books read! thanks for joining us in the AVJ Sew Special Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes - I agree with Marina - 2 INCREDIBLE transformations. What a wonderful reminder you made for your INCREDIBLE journey to SUCCESS Chrissie. Congratulations. Plus such FABULOUS change to your envelope too. Love the colors and you did the measuring stencil to perfection girl! It's wonderful to see you at Our Creative Corner for the 'Hit the Books' Challenge. j.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two brilliant pieces Chrissie, I love your altered envelope, and also your journey. I've definitely made similar journeys (and back again) so congratulations to you for your determination xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am still on that kind of journey but know that I will be happier by the end of it! I love your reminder page! I love your altered package - and your intentions for it. Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have started that journey, again! Many of us can relate and appreciate your struggle! I also appreciate your project. I love the idea of taking a fairly mundane object and turning it into something beautiful. You have accomplished that with this envelope. Thanks for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yup - can't tell you how many times I've taken that journey, and need to set off again. Congratulations on your journey. A very powerful page to remind yourself of the unwanted pathways.

    And the Amazon envelope looks spectacular. Love the book pages, the texture, and the lovely warm colours. What a clever and appropriate use for it too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  20. How inventive and creative you are and the result is amazing.
    Thank you for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous makeover of the Amazon envelope! Very creative and thank you for sharing it with us at Our Creative Corner for our Hit the Books Challenge. Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous transformation. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Who knew an Amazon envelope could look so good and what a fab idea to store all that information. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your comments. Reading them brings precious moments. Isn't it great to be able to be in touch with so many nice people in this way.