Friday, 8 July 2016

Card and Tag

Hello Everyone and thank you for calling in. Welcome to my new followers, Erika and Nancy, hope you like what you find here and I look forward to seeing your makes as well.

At Mixed Media Monthly Challenge the theme is Reach for the Stars

I made a card mixing digital, Tando stars and stamping

I started out with an A4 piece of patterned card and used the Tando stars as stamps so that they became black with the ink and I got a more interesting piece of card. I designed the centre for the card in Paint Shop Pro then layered in on patterned foil cover card. the edges of the card are dsitressed with the black ink. The blacks tars were the last thing to be added.

At Country View Challenges the theme for July is Have Fun with Circles


This is a large tag and has on it something very special to me. It is what sprung to mind when I saw the circles challenge. A song from the film Lost Horizons that I loved when I first saw it in the 1970s and still love it now as I have it on DVD. Burt Bacarach wrote the tune and I love his music. I really enjoyed making this tag and singing the song again

Have a beautiful day


.


18 comments:


  1. A beautiful project, gorgeous colours and great tag. {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely projects today, both so different, but both gorgeous. Here it's warm and humid, and I just dragged myself home from physiotherapy....Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your circle tag is incredible Chrissie! I just love the quirky design! Beautiful star card as well. hugs and happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful designs Chrissie, I hope you are doing well, Cheers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both pieces are so beautiful Chrissie! Just great!
    Happy weekend - sending hugs!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. The background is luscious and the concept is interesting Chrissie!
    A very creative project on our Circles theme, thank you so much for joining us at Country View Challenges this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fantastic makes Chrissie, the backgrounds are awesome and I really love the design on the tag with the words you used.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chrissie your tag is so creative and perfect for our have fun with circles challenge over at Country View. Love the colour. Thanks for joining in with the fun x
    Jane DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had to stop by and see what you were busy creating because I am FINALLY back online. Love the uniqueness of the tag and really, really like the stars card. have a great weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great projects and I don't think I know that song so I must look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both pieces are fabulous, Chrissie, the stars card is very beautiful and the tag is amazing with a creative design. Mar xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous projects Chrissie but I love your circles tag the most and the lovely colours and words.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your stars card and the sentiment is brilliant! The tag really is fabulous although I don't know the film or the song! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your page Chrissie, and thanks for the mention. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great 'circle piece' !! Thank you for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful project. Thanks for playing along with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful card! i love that you mixed a digital print with your physical card! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, perfect for the challenge! Thanks for joining us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your comments. Reading them brings precious moments. Isn't it great to be able to be in touch with so many nice people in this way.