Sunday, 10 July 2016

Journal Page and Tag


Welcome to Jumbled Crafts and thank you for visiting.

At Art Journal Journey Yvonne chose the theme-in my garden there is-and I have been looking at my garden very closely to find things I had forgotten about.

We do have lots of leafy plants and shrubs so this page represents them. I made a stencil by cutting out a leaf shape then used it in various ways on a painted background. To finish it off I drew flowers and then did a bit of highlighting with a white pen.

It is always healthy to grow leafy plants as they give off so much oxygen so make us feel healthy.

A fairly new blog,Go Tag Thursday, has their 4th challenge this week and the theme is Have a Heart


I used a piece of a cardboard box for the background and painted it in white and purple acrylic paint. Then I added a bit of glitter the same as on the big heart shape. On top of that I added a bought heart shape that I painted, added texture and a saying. Last thing was to add the homemade flowers and some bought butterflies.

Rain again for a change here but will be watching the Grand Prix racing and Andy Murray in the finals at Wimbledon.

Have a great day

love 


17 comments:

  1. Beautiful journal page and tag, you have been busy! Thanks for joining us again at AJJ. Have a fun day and enjoy your sport. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great British sport day today isn't it. It would be best if both sport venues are dry today but less clement weather over this house would suit me! Love your page and of course the sentiment is spot on. Thanks for the heads up about a new challenge I'll get the CFD team on it. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful journal page and a fabulous tag. I haven't watched any of the tennis this year but I shall be watching the final this afternoon.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great makes Chrissie, loving the colour combo on your corrugated piece. Yes I'll be flicking too however, I'll also be trying to keep track of the bike racing at Snetterton (BSB) and the Tour de France along with the F1 & Tennis, it really is all or nothing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous journal page and great you can enjoy your leafy planats like that. Love your beautiful heart tag too, and by the way you blog make over looks super too! Very fresh and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post, Chrissie. Tag is fabulous and page beautiful.
    Happy Day to you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. An AMAZING page Chrissie and the tag is beautiful! Thank you so much for joining AJJ again. Your ideas are always stunning!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great journal page Chrissie, love the leaf theme - it's something we probably don'e think about.
    Gorgeous tag too. Ejnoy your sporty sSunday.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous journal page , thats a super stencil you made for the leaves and a subject that I think we take for granted and shouldn't.
    Its gorgeous tag with the heart.
    What a TV day, Andy winning the tennis , the cycling that we recorded for after the tennis, ending with a deluge with hailstones. I'm not a Football fan, so happily giving it a miss.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely art journal page, the stencil and colours are a perfect combination! I love the sparkly heart tag too. Hope you enjoyed the tennis, I'm pleased Andy Murray won. Have a great week! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful journal page, I love love the colours Chrissie! The tag is fabulous with great textures and details.
    Mar xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what an amazing line up of art today Chrissie! I really love that quote about oxygen, makes you think! Beautiful tag, your textures are amazing!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your tag and journal page Chrissie. That idea about the oxygen really inspires the biologist side of me. I love it. And your tag is gorgeous too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tag has a touch of Finnabair about it and I am impressed with your DIY Stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the soothing blues and purples in your journal page inspired by your greenery garden. The tag is gorgeous too. Blessings, my friend1

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fabulous Tag Chrissie..loving all the textures going on...
    Thank you for playing along at Go Tag Thursday..x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those beautiful blues and your tag is beautiful! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your comments. Reading them brings precious moments. Isn't it great to be able to be in touch with so many nice people in this way.