Saturday, 6 August 2016

Journal page and tag

Hi All. Got back yesterday from our few days away and I couldn't wait to get back to my computer as I only took my little i-pod and it is very difficult to do much at all on that. Sorry for my lack of commenting and I will be back to my usual visiting now. Thank you for the comments while I was away and for calling in today. I have got lots of photographs to sort through and my head is full of ideas for crafty things as well. Strange how a few days away from something helps to bring a new dimension to your way of thinking.

At Art Journal Journey this month the theme is Nature's Wonders. It was chosen by the lovely Gill and she is hosting this challenge You can find her blog here

I couldn't wait to make a page though it is just a digital one for now. Most of these flowers are ones I have photographed in our garden and then tubed to use them in projects. The folder they are in dates back years but I do keep adding to it.

I would also like to enter this at Digitally Sweet where their theme this time is Floral. I do love entering there and always try to do something that is totally digital as this piece is, though you can do a mixture if you like.

Another Challenge I like to enter is Go Tag Thursday. It is quite a new challenge blog and you can make a tag using any medium you like.

This is digital again as I haven't had time to do any other sort of crafting since we came home. The photo of my brother and me and was taken in the 1940s. We look like little orphans with no socks and the knitted cardigans. It was difficult to get much at all in those times and you needed clothing coupons so everything we wore was home made and the cardigans would have been made from something that was unpicked because the sleeves had holes in the elbows. We always had good shoes but no socks.

That's it for today folks

Hope you enjoy the weekend

Love Chrissie xx


21 comments:

  1. Good to see you back and creating! Love the floral page for AJJ, flowers are always a hit. And the tag with the photo of you and your brother is sweet, those were hard days for sure. We always wore hand-made, re-worked or hand-me.downs, too. And I still do! Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful page - I love the flowery feel to it and your tag is just lovely with the personal imagery!
    Hope you will show us many impression from the trip Chrissie!
    Thank you for joining AJJ again and HAPPY SATURDAY!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have you back Chrissie, hope you had fun. Love your tag and what a beautiful floral piece, wow!! have a great weekend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip filled with inspiration! The digital flower page is fantastic, I love that you have used photos you have taken of your own flowers, it makes it more personal and a great way to remember them all - gorgeous! The tag is adorable too, it looks like you are both enjoying those icecreams! Wishing you a Happy Weekend! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one adorable and pretty creation.Those colours are fabulous as is this design.xx
    Enjoy your weekend.xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flowers Chrissie, what an aray of colours if they all bloomed together like your beautiful page.
    I had a memory rush when I saw your photo, we always had home knitted re used woolies as well as kids and I well remember my ankle strap shoes.
    Mine never stayed fastened for long though.
    Have a good weekend.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fabulous digital projects - technical skill and creative artistry combined.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chrissie, great to have you back with your digi creations, your flowers look beautiful and I love the background on your fab tag xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see you back Chrissie full of ideas - hope you get some time this weekend to play.
    I of course love your digital pieces - lots of hard work done to get all your beautiful flowers turned into tubes/pngs - what a gorgeous bouquet they would make :)
    Your tag is adorable and making me want an ice-cream now on this hot sticky day. I remember in the mid 60s helping my mum wind wool from an unpicked jumper around the legs of s stool - people were more thrifty years ago.
    Have a lovely weekend.... Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to see you back at crafting. I see we're thinking alike. I also did up an old photo and also seem to have more time for digital than anything else! Helene

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet photo of you and your bother. That tag is precious!

    I could not see any mended areas...instead I saw beautiful knitting...knitting in a gorgeous pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet photo of you and your bother. That tag is precious!

    I could not see any mended areas...instead I saw beautiful knitting...knitting in a gorgeous pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous digital work today, the flowers on the journal page are beautiful and the tag with you and your brother is lovely.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your flower page is just magical, so very beautiful and special as it's all flowers from your garden.
    Your tag is wonderful, it brings back memories of my younger brother and myself, poor but happy, just lovely. Good to see you again at Digitally Sweet Challenges. Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. It just goes to show how spoiled children of today are... I'm sure you and your brother were feeling special just having an ice cream! Fantastic piece of nostalgia Chrissy !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely digi pages, but my vote is on the tag. We must be of an age, those cardigans look familiar, and my mum was a great knitter. We did have socks though. ( I think)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Tag Chrissie..loving the delightful image if the children.
    I'm with you on not being able to do much from the i-pad..I used my tablet a few time when I have been away from home,even my phone for blogging, not a patch on my laptop,lol..
    Thank you for coming over the Go Tag Thursday and playing along in this weeks challenge..xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your floral page! I remember those days well - the unravelling, the knitted cardis and I remember my Mum having a go at knitting socks too!Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  19. oooh i love your pages,the photos are georgus.i love both pages,to the first one i love espeically,i make today the same idea,the world its full of wonder.
    have a nice day.

    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your lovely flower page is exploding with beauty!
    Such a precious tag too.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely work Thank you for joining the challenge at Digitally Sweet and doing 100% digital projects. Our new rules say that all projects must be 100% digital. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your comments. Reading them brings precious moments. Isn't it great to be able to be in touch with so many nice people in this way.