Thursday, 6 April 2017

Earth Day Project for Elizabeth

Hi All and welcome to Jumbled Crafts. Thank you for calling in and a special welcome to anyone arriving from Elizabeth's blog. I was very happy to be asked by her to make a recycled project for her Earth Day celebration posts. Earth Day  is on April 22nd and she calls it Bearth Day as it is also her birthday.

I do love to make things from 'rubbish' and find it difficult to throw things away though I know I will never have time to make all the wonders I see when I think what I could make with them.




Here is my project for Earth Day

It started life as an empty coffee tin

and a piece of left over wallpaper border

The tin was covered with the paper and the bit at the top turned over and stuck down inside the tin



I put crushed paper in the bottom half of the tin then filled it will pot pourri and rosemary from the garden.

To cover the top I made a simple flower from some very old tissue paper my daughter was throwing away.


Lost of tutorials for these flowers online just type in large,tissue paper flower. It makes an ideal cover for the tin and lets the fragrance through the thin paper.

Always good to see what people recycle and help to save the planet along the way

Love Chrissie xx





14 comments:

  1. What an incredible surprise, Chrissie., I like the idea that it's a potpourri container. And I can see how it would freshen any room you placed it in.

    THANK YOU beyond belief. I love this and it fits in so well with my Earth Day (always April 22) posts. Thank you for giving me the best gift over all: that of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful project Chrissie, ou have surely made Elizabeth very happy, and now you have a sweet smelling potpourri to brighten your home, wonderful. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and so simple things a beautiful vase with a pretty paper flower!
    Thank you for showing how you did it!
    Happy day
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Chrissie, you make the most wonderful things from as you describe 'rubbish' and I admire what you do.xx ♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever and so beautiful Chrissie ! Gorgeous!
    Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cool Chrissie. You picked a great paper to cover the can. You're on a very creative roll lately. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really does look amazing and from such humble beginnings too! Your projects are so creative and I hope you get round to using some more of your treasures soon! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a wonderful piece of recycling and a fabulous idea. It would make a lovely gift as well. The aroma must be lovely and the flower looks fantastic as a decoration for the top.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice indeed, Chrissie. Loved seeing the lovely vase and flower at the start then finding out the secret of making it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful recycled piece! I loved seeing the surprise inside too, the aroma from the rosemary must be lovely :-) . Enjoy the rest of the week and wishing you a happy weekend! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chrissie I love this! That tissue flower is wonderful, it doesn't look simple at all! Have a fab weekend, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous piece of recycling Chrissie, you are so inventive.
    The flower looks gorgeous and I bet it smells lovely.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW great choice of paper and your paper flower looks fantastic xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your comments. Reading them brings precious moments. Isn't it great to be able to be in touch with so many nice people in this way.