Friday, 12 May 2017

Folder and Journal page

Hello everyone who calls in and thank you for your visit. We have got a little bit of rain at last and the plants and the grass already look a lot happier. Still very cold though so not quite summer yet.

More Mixed Media have anything goes with pink if you like 

I bought some folders and hadn't a clue what to do with them, then I did a bit of sorting through things and thought it would be good to save different papers in different folders. I made a cover for the front by painting acrylic and then adding glitter and some gold Aztec metallics that I let drip in all directions. The face was one from a long time ago that I created in PSP and printed out. I added the pink labels as my extra. Had to cut the folder down a bit to fit on the shelf that I have decided will be a good place for all of them.

I will enter this at Altered Eclectics as well where anything goes except for cards etc.


At Art Journal Journey the theme this time was chosen by Gill and we have to get our thinking caps on to show out version of Elegance and Grunge


I started off with a  background very grungy and designed a face and grungy fascinator in Paint Shop Pro. This is printed out on photo paper and the colours weren't quite as I designed them as they should have matched the background.

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx



19 comments:

  1. Your folder turned out super and I love your ELegance and Grunge page Chrissie! Thank you for another fabulous idea linke to AJJ!♥
    Happy Friday!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME, LOVE these Chrissie...you are ever so creative.xx
    If you celebrate Mother's Day on Sunday have a lovely one and a great weekend.
    [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning creations, Chrissie. Colourful and beautiful.
    Happy mother's day and weekend 💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. I love the pink and blue hair, but I also like what you have done with the folder. And your AJJ girl is definitely showing a bit of both. Love the digital art and the beauty of the woman's hair.

    I've found my ink doesn't always do what I think it should, because of the way the computer reads it (the specific color).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely artwork - your ladies are beautiful! Happy Friday and wishing you a great weekend! J 😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both pieces are fabulous Chrissie, great colours, too. Thanks so much for joining us at More Mixed Media. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your folder cover is fab Chrissie and the 'this and that' title made me smile.
    Thanks again for a lovely AJJ page - loved the fascinator - it looks like it might tickle a bit though :)
    Have a lovely weekend.... Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pieces both of them, so full of life and colour.
    Grey skies and much colder here too....
    Have a great weekend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a fantastic folder cover, love the bright shine to the colours.
    The other page is also fab, a beautiful image shes at the height of fashion wearing her fascinator.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice cover. It should be easy to find things with such a great visual. :) Hope all is well Chrissie. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fun designs! Love the paint splats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great covers and very colourfull Chrissie, its a great idea using folders.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Mixed Media cover Chrissie, and the elegant/grungy fascinator is very creative. I had a quick look round on your blog through the older posts I missed while away and I always appreciate the diversity of projects and your beautiful photos taken on your travels... xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Chrissie, hope you are well, great makes as usual xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - two great pages full of energy and life. Love the shimmering glitter accents in the first one, and I recognise the wild hair of the second page only too well!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Love the vibrant look to both of these! Especially love the background on the second one! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh Chrissie I really like these, I love you glittery folder though why you can't just ram all you papers in until your drawer jams I don't know ;-) Your elegant grunge is fabulous, I LOVE her fascinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at More Mixed Media. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful work, Chrissie!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics!!!
    Hugs,
    Arlette DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your comments. Reading them brings precious moments. Isn't it great to be able to be in touch with so many nice people in this way.