Oh another panic moment when I saw the word metal for the challenge. I am such a whimp when it comes to handle the tin opener and the thought of doing anything with the tin afterwards horrified me. Never mind it was Thursday and it was a Just for Fun Challenge so I have overcome yet another of my fears lol
Off to the blue recycle bin this time and a rummage around in the newpapers and glass jars:) Easier than last week when I had to forage in the brown bin full of garden waste but that is where we put cardboard for recycling. Oh heck I digress once again-- I found a tuna can and took the top fully off and used that for the project. It had rings on it so I sorta got an idea from them. Vic turned in the edges for me thank goodness so I wouldn't cut myself and I mounted it on a card shape as well just to doubly sure!
Painted the whole thing with emulsion paint then sprayed it with glue and sprinkled a bit of embossing powder here and there. Allsorts happened when I heated it up but thankfully it stayed ok to use. Then I thought about the flowers. I wasn't brave enough to make those from a coke can like Von did. I sprayed some of the paper ones, that I had made, with glue then dipped them in embossing powder and embossed them. Finished them off with dabs of ink to match the emulsion. Added the latest pic of me and Vic together and that's it so far.
I hope I can fit in something else for this to use in the swap.