Sunday, 11 November 2012

A Fabric Tag

An unusual challenge at Artful Times-to make a fabric tag-great samples from Von and Neet and both very different. I imagine there will be many different types of tags for this challenge.

Here is mine

I covered a tag shape with some mock leather cloth-this represented a long leather coat I had when I first became a motor biker at the age of 14. Then I cut some red circles from an old tee shirt that reminded me of the colour of the thick mittens I had at the time. The emblies are all from Crafty emblies-link on my side bar. Making the tag brought back so many happy memories of days out and holidays. Someone sent me the unsual string stuff that I used for the tie.

I took the photograph outside as the light inside isn't good enough for photographs at this time of the year. The circles holding the tag are from a belt that I demolished and used to decorate a boring garden fence panel.

Thank you for the challenge girls.

Love Chrissie xx

11 comments:

  1. Fab tag Chrissie, love the leathered look

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really great when a project says so much about the person that has made it and this really made sense as I read your post. Great job Chrissie. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag Chrissie, love the memories idea. The outdoor holders are also a good idea, very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Chrissie I just can't keep up with all of your fantastic crafty things but I have had a good look and as always I am amazed at what you get up too when I'm not looking.

    keep up the good work xx Max xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tag Chrissie :) Love the leather look and sure reminds me of the 70's when I first went on a motorbike :)
    Thank you for sharing with us at Artful Times
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a novel way to decorate a tag with memories. Fab idea Chrissie and a fab tag as a result.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a novel way to decorate a tag with memories. Fab idea Chrissie and a fab tag as a result.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous tag Chrissie, I love the leather look.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chrissie, great tag I love how you have decorated it with things that remind you. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely that you enjoyed making your wonderful tag so much! I love the leather look background and the wooden embellies go so well. Great little touch of faux stitching there too Chrissie!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work - beautiful tag! I just love that people can reuse stuff instead of just buing more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your comments. Reading them brings precious moments. Isn't it great to be able to be in touch with so many nice people in this way.