Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Anything but a card-see related challenge

Hello everyone and welcome to my new followers--always lovely to see you and read your comments.

At Anything but a Card this time the challenge is to make something sea related. They also have a beautiful picture as inspiration if you would rather use that.

I chose to do underwater for my project.

I have had this note book for a long time meaning to alter the covers as it had Disney Characters on it. I bought it because I liked the idea of a notebook with a lock and 2 keys--little things please little minds so they say :)


The first thing I did was to put a very thick layer of cream coloured paint all over the outside of the book. When that had dried I used H20 paint to give it a bit of a glossy finish in a sea colour. I found the freebie mermaid image and printed it onto acetate then coloured on the back so the colours would show through.

Then I used some very thin sticky tape around the edges of the acetate to stick it onto the book. As an extra to hold it in place I added the fish emblies which I got at Crafty Emblies. Seems to be holding in place so far. Always a problem to know what to use to hold acetate in place. Any suggestion would be gratefully received.

Love Chrissie xx

7 comments:

  1. This has turned out beautifully; love the wooden embellies, too! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, love the lock n key

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Painting on the back of the acetate is such a terrific technique Chrissie. Your mermaid is so serene. I hope you get to keep great ideas under lock and key and just for you. Thank you for joining us at Anything But A Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours and embelishments, and the mermaid is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mermaid Chrissie and those wooden embellishments are perfect for this wonderful cover. I like the idea of the little lock and keys too. A place to write/draw those special little things!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But A Card this time.
    Have a great weekend.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the mermaid,she looks awesome, love the colours throughout.
    as for fixing acetate,I have had the same problem. I have used brads and nails in the past but they are not exactly subtle. I guess a silicon glue or maybe even a matt medium would work on the back of the painted surface?
    Thanks for joining us at ABAC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with this. Thanks for joining us over at ABAC.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your comments. Reading them brings precious moments. Isn't it great to be able to be in touch with so many nice people in this way.