Monday, 4 March 2013

Artful Times challenge

For the challenge this time at Artful Times the choice is,

Spots and Stripes / Circles and Straight Lines


Von and Neet always make great samples for inspiration.


This ATC just seemed to evolve as, when I started it, I wasn't sure which of the choices to make.

I painted the background with acrylic paints then I rubbed over the stripes with a baby wipe to make them blend together. That ruled out 'stripes' so I left it to dry.

In the meantime I cleared out a drawer and there were even more peel-offs waiting to be used up. My quest to use up all my peel offs isn't going very well.:(

The circles were from one sheet-the lines from another and the words from yet another sheet. I actually enjoyed using them--who would have thought that peel-offs could be fun lol.

Hope you pop over to Artful and join in the challenge.

Love Chrissie xx



15 comments:

Heather Alger said...

Great art work, Love the symmetry of your design and Beautiful colours x

Craftychris said...

This is so cool and the colours are fabulous! xx

inkypinkycraft said...

Great colours and shapes created here trace x

Suze Bain said...

What a great use of peel offs Chrissie, love the inky background too. Xx

butterfly said...

So cool... I am enjoying your busy Monday (even if I'm doing it in reverse!)
Alison x

Von said...

So pleased with could help with your quest to use up your peeloffs Chrissie :)a very creative ATC and thank you for sharing withus at Artful Times
Von♥

Rosie said...

Just fantastic, Chrissie

Sandra's Spot said...

Thats a brilliant ATC Chrissie love the colour and great use of those peels offs. Hugs Sandra X

maj. said...

I love all the details. Brilliant!

hazel said...

I love your ATC Chrissie - the background is fab.
xxx Hazel.

Neet said...

Your post made me smile Chrissie.
I would still say the background was striped.
love how you have used the PO's. What a great way to use them. You are definitely creative.
Thanks for this fun and interesting act and thanks for joining us at Artful Times.
Hugs, Neet xx

Julia S-W said...

Hi Chrissie. Thanks for your kind words on my blog.
I think your background is striped so you shouldn't discount it! Great idea adding those peel offs to complete your design.
Enjoy your weekend.
Juliaxx

lena-dailyscrap said...

Looking great. The background colours really look nice together. Lovely design.

Gibby Frogett said...

Fabulous ATC love the colours x

Sylv said...

Wonderful ATC, great use ofthe peel offs and love the background.

Sylv xx