Sunday, 7 July 2013

2 Challenges in one Post

Happy Sunday Everyone and hope your day is going well. It is the hottest day of the year so far here and I am sure the seafront will be full of happy holiday makers enjoying all the fun of the seaside. I have been crafting and gardening and will be watching the Wimbledon Final and German Grand Prix this afternoon so I am a happy bunny.

At Twinchie Challenge Blog the subject is Music and there are some wonderful examples by the DT


This is the one I made. I should have put, 'To live without my music would be impossible to do,' because that is how I feel. I love most music and feel happy listening to it what ever else I am doing.


The second challenge is at Tando Creative Blog where we are asked to make something that shows our Favourite artist.

I have always loved Monet paintings and especially the ones of his garden-it looks an amazing place to have created on canvas and in real life.

I made this postcard with images of our flowers that Vic took this week in our small garden. It is full of flowers, vegetables, insects, birds and even some resident frogs though we don't have a pond. They go into the little greenhouse and Vic waters them with the watering can. Forgot to say we do have lots of wild flowers as well in among the others and I love those just as much.

Always lovely to have you visit.

Love Chrissie x



18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely work Chrissie, you sure have lots of wonderful flowers in your garden, and I love the idea of watering the frog! Hugs, Valerie

Julia said...

I love your garden postcard Chrissie, what a lovely project to do. The twinchie is very good but the postcard is special.

Ira Huberts said...

Lovely creations Chrissie, your flower pictures are really beautiful! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Zoe said...

Hi Chrissie, fab creations here, the sentiment on your Twinchie is great, thank you for joining in Twinchies challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

butterfly said...

What a wonderful photographic version of a Monet garden - great idea, and beautifully executed. I love the music quote for your twinchie too!
Alison x

sam21ski said...

Love your garden collage, and your twinchie is fab too

Too hot here for me though - lol

Sam xxx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Great Twinchie and collage of beautiful garden photos. Hope you had a wonderful weekend, Shirleyx

Meggymay said...

Beautiful postcard, the flowers look fantastic.
Yvonne x

M said...

I'm always amazed by how much expression you put into your miniature works of art , and this is no exception.

As for your garden postcard - lovely, lovely, lovely! Love it!
Marina

MorningAJ said...

I absolutely adore that postcard!

Craftychris said...

Both these are wonderful! I agree with you about music, I couldn't live without it either! Love your garden photo's and how lovely to have frogs! xx

coco said...

Hi Krissie, that's a very beautiful card and your choice of Artist - not a crafty one - is clever and fab !! I love flowers too, as well as Monet painting... Nice to read you, thank you for sharing with us on Tando's challenge blog ! Coco x

cardsandcompany said...

You must have a pretty garden Chrissie. Lovely photos.
Lorraine

hazel said...

A wonderful postcard and twinchie, the flower photo's are lovely. We have a pond and had hundreds of tadpoles, now we have a lot of little froglets hopping about in the lawn.
xxx Hazel.

Sylv said...

Fabulous twinchie, love the sentiment. Your postcard if wonderful, such lovely photos.

Sylv xx

Pauline Butcher said...

Great Twinchie, with a superb sentiment. Thank you for entering into the Twinchie Challenge and good luck. Hugs, Pauline, DT member xxx

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

It looks like you have a beautiful garden! You'll be able to enjoy the beautiful blooms year round with this piece. Thanks for joining the challenge at Tando Creative!

Carol said...

what great inspiration you have taken from your artist - lovely make. Thank You for sharing with Tando Creative this month.