Friday, 5 July 2013

New Altered Art Challenge Blog

Hello Everyone and welcome to my newest follower and also to the arrival of summer here in NE UK. It is really lovely again today and I have just been for a five mile walk so I am now ready to sit and watch the tennis later and not feel as though I should be outside in the sun.

A new blog has just started and it is just right for the type of crafting I love to do. It is called Altered Eclectics and has gathered together a wonderful team with some amazing altered projects so do pop along and have a look.

The challenge monthly and will be Anything Goes every time so lots of time and lots of scope as well.

Here is what I made for the first challenge-I bought a new, bigger easel this week as well so things look better than on the little one I hope.


I started off with a very old table mat
Gave it a thick coat of matt emulsion
Next a coat of white emulsion and some blobs of alcohol ink-I dabbed most of it off with kitchen roll to leave a paler finish. Used Distressed ink for the edges.

Next I used felt tips to colour the blobs. All I did then was print out the quote and tear out the words to add to the Background. 

Always great to have you pop by :)

Love Chrissie xx




13 comments:

Craftychris said...

I love this, the colours are gorgeous and the alcohol ink blobs are cool! xx

Patricia said...

Chrissie, what a great background. And I so love up-cycling. You may see some of that from me in the near future at Altered Eclectics. Thanks for playing along and hope to see you again.

sam21ski said...

Loving your splodges Chrissie!!

Thanks for the info re the new challenge blog, shall have to get my thinking cap on!!!

Sam xxx

butterfly said...

What a great background on your fab altered table mat, and that is a superb quote... thank you!
Alison x

Sandy said...

Hey Chrissie - what a wonderful idea!! I have some old table mats that I can use. I seldom (if ever) have what I see people using. I love this and it is so happy! Now I do not have a clue what matt emulsion is - can you tell me? I really do think this is grand!!!
sandy

Von said...

Love the sploges makes a great back drop for the sentiment :)
Von ♥

Meggymay said...

Great splodgy background, its a fantastic alteration.
Yvonne.

Catherine said...

OMG Chrissie ! You are so artistic ! I love this background... and the words too... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

hazel said...

A fabulous altered table mat, I love the background.
xxx Hazel.

1CardCreator said...

This is beautiful, what a great transformation! Love the quote too. ~Diane

froebelsternchen Susi said...

AMAZING! Thank you for the link Chrissie!

Astrid Maclean said...

What a fabulous make and I love the idea of altering a table mat!! Off to check out the new challenge blog.... have a great Sunday and enjoy the last of the tennis!

Moira Gray said...

What a great idea. love how it turned out.

Thanks for joining our challenge at Altered Eclectics.

Moira DT.