Tuesday, 6 August 2013

A Few Things

First of all-Good Morning Everyone. I hope you slept well and are ready to have a great day. It is a bit cooler here today and I am off early to the docs for my half yearly check-up. Then we are catching a bus to a different beach to do a fairly long walk. I can't wait as it has been too hot recently to walk more than about 5 miles.

This time at The Craft Barn Alpha Dictionary Challenge the letter is D

I chose the word DONKEY as they are so lovely and on our beach every day in the summer. One of our neighbours looks after them and she loves her job even when it is boiling hot or freezing cold and windy. She takes apples for the donkeys and is very patient with all the children and their parents.

I painted the background and drew the bucket and spade-off to stick the page in my book now.

I would also like to enter it at Anything But a Card where the theme this time is Summer Fun.

Last thing I need to do is show the tags I have made for Tag Tuesday. I keep forgetting to show them as we put them straight onto the blog there.

This was the theme last week- travel.

 and this week it is Weddings

Always nice to have you drop in

Love Chrissie xx


21 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful donkey page, that was always such a treat to ride the donkeys along the beach! Valerie

M said...

What a fab page - the donkeys remind me of my own childhood seaside trips. Two beautiful tags too. Marina

Catherine said...

OMG you have been busy Chrissie ! I always love your creations, they are always arty and gorgeous ! Love the pages with the donkeys... Enjoy your walk Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Ira Huberts said...

Gosh, Chrissie, you've been working really hard! Such lovely tags and your donkey page looks so cool with those pretty colours! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

sam21ski said...

Wowser, you've been busy, love the donkeys!!

Great couple of tags too!!

Sam xxx

Meggymay said...

Love the scene with the donkeys you created for the alpha page. Fantastic tags as well.
Yvonne x

Sandy said...

Well first of all - a 5 mile walk to me is a good far piece to walk. I love your dictionary pages. Really wonderful. I was participating until a fall and now have a fractured right hip and cannot get to my craft room. I think the Alpha challenge is so much fun. Where do you live - where is this beach? Your tags are grand too but I am very much excited with your dictionary pages.
Sandy

Marianne said...

I like how you did the scene, Chrissie - very cheerful. Your wedding tag is terrific. What a fun thing to add to a weeding album.

Sending hugs,
Marianne xo

hazel said...

I love your donkey page, they bring back a lot of happy memories and your tags are fab.
xxx Hazel.

cardsandcompany said...

Donkey - well I'd never have thought of that. That is so cute. Do you still have donkeys on the beach? Can't believe it - wonderful.
Lorraine

Frea Konings said...

Hi Chrissie, love your donkey page for the Craft Barn. I am still working on mine, the word I picked is dragon, but it;s taking me quite some time to colour the darn thing LOL! Hugs Frea

Buttons said...

Fantastic donkey page and I love the tags Chrissie. Boy have you been busy! Hugs, Jenny x

BJ said...

Super Donkey page. BJ

Julie Ann Lee said...

What a great post! Lots of different but all equally lovely images! My favourites are the donkeys. A lovely, colourful page and a great word choice. Julie Ann xx

carolfromkiwiland said...

Very cute donkey page. My sister has a donkey which she just keeps out in the paddock. A very english thing donkey rides on the beach, I don't think its done in New Zealand, but I believe in and Janet and John early reader books they went on donkey rides at the beach - so its part of my childhood memories too.lol.

Sylv said...

Love your fun donkey pages and sand and sea background, the tags are fabulous.

Sylv xx

Frea Konings said...

Great Dictionary page! Love the colours in the background. Hugs Frea

Maisie Moonshine said...

I have a real soft spot for donkeys and would have a couple like a shot if Mr M would let me. Lovely pages, great seaside background. MMx

Maggie said...

Love donkey's they are so cute...it all started with Eyore...I blame Winnie the Pooh.....lol great Pages Chrissie, thanks for visiting me

MaggieH

Maggie said...

Love donkey's they are so cute...it all started with Eyore...I blame Winnie the Pooh.....lol great Pages Chrissie, thanks for visiting me

MaggieH

The Craft Barn said...

The beach and donkeys. Reminds me of home. There is a lovely donkey farm not far from my parents.
Great page!
Thank you for playing with us at the Craft Barn
Izzy