Thursday, 1 August 2013

Out of a Hat 71

Hello Friends and Followers where ever you may be-always great to have drop into Jumbled Crafts and I hope you have time to say hello. Just noticed that I have reached 100 followers which is a real milestone-thank you.

This week at Out of a Hat Creations we have a new guest designer for the month of August so I hope you will pop over to find our more as I am sure most of you will know her and love her many makes.

The theme this week is numbers and endless ideas popped into my head.


This is what I finally made as I found the clock numbers on the car boot sale for 20p-I did ask if the chap had the rest of the clock pieces but he hadn't unfortunately. Those would have kept me happy for some time on Steampunk projects I'm sure.

I used part of a strong packaging box as a base and stuck a piece of Crafty Individuals paper in the middle of it. Then I stuck on the clock numbers after spritzing them with Gold Cosmic Shimmer. Next I masked the numbers and stuck all sorts of things around it. Hand made flowers, dried up runner bean seeds, lace etc. Then I sprayed the whole lot with silver paint and let it dry. A light spritz with the gold and some blue, here and there and all ready to remove the mask from the numbers. The last things I did was add the quote which is one that I love

The piece is going to be the top for this old jigsaw box but I haven't finished the box yet. The jigsaw had too many pieces missing to pass it on. We do test them sometimes for the charity shop but they want them with all the pieces intact. The boxes are usually really good and very strong so I keep those and some of the pieces as well for crafty projects.

Hope you will visit Sam, Janet and Sandra to see their makes for this week.

I'd also like to share this with Rhedd and Rosie where the challenge this time is Time

Love Chrissie x


18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful piece, love how you have made your clock! Hugs, Valerie

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous clock, love the textures and vintage feel. Congratulations on reaching 100 followers ! It's exciting. Have a wonderful day, Shirleyx

Meggymay said...

Fabulous clock project, the numbers were a bargain.
Yvonne x

Catherine said...

This is sooooo gorgeous Chrissie ! You are so creative and talented ! Love your clock... and I love the sentiment ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

1CardCreator said...

This is stunning Chrissie! Can't believe where it started, what a transformation! ~Diane

froebelsternchen Susi said...

AMAZING Chrissie! just AMAZING!

Sandie said...

How fabulous Chrissie...I love it...

Hugs
Sandie x

inkypinkycraft said...

A fantastic make! Looks great! Hugs trace x

Zoe said...

What a fabulous "time" themed project Chrissie, really like it xx thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

butterfly said...

Wow, what a brilliant dimensional collage - I love the metallic look, and the clock numbers look brilliant. As you say, shame he didn't have the rest of the workings! Really wonderful make, Chrissie.
Alison x

Buttons said...

What a fantastic transformation Chrissie! Love the collage of ephemera. Hugs, Jenny x

Melissa Latchem said...

Great make!!!Many thanks for entering the Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

Sandra's Spot said...

Super clock Chrissie love how you have transformed you car boot treasures. Hugs Sandra X

Von said...

Stunning clock ! well done Chrissie :)
Von ♥

hazel said...

A fabulous clock piece, I love how you've put all the elements together.
xxx hazel.

Moira Gray said...

Fabulous make.

Thank you for joining us at Rhedd & Rosie challenge blog.
Hope we see you again.

Moira. DT

Janet said...

Brilliant Chrissie, love your make
Janet x

Beccalite said...

This is fabulous, what a great project. Love it.

Thanks so much for coming over and joining in with our 12th Challenge 'Time' at Rhedd and Rosies Challenge Blog.

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xxx