Sunday, 6 October 2013

A Tale of Two Pages

Hello All--nice to have you pop in to Jumbled Crafts

Beautiful day here so I thought I would try out my new pedometer that arrived yesterday.

I had done 6000 steps by the time I came back home but with my small step length it was on 2.6 kilometers and at 176 calories so I didn't use up the toasted teacake and butter I have just eaten. I will try harder tomorrow :)

Now to my pages.

The first one is my Alpha page for the J challenge at the The Craft Barn I love the Jacobean period with its style both in furniture, clothes and needlework.

I painted the page in the colours that were used at that time and added some pictures I found on Google of needlework from that period. I have had the stamps for a long time and do like to use them whenever I can.


This Journal Page is for Art Journal Journey where they have She Art this time.

I painted this face yesterday for another project so thought I would print it out and use it on my she page.
I stamped various flowers and some leaves around the face and the little hearts to fill in gaps.
Then I added some texture with a stencil and gesso.
The background is painted with acrylics in feminine colours.
The verse is from a song I love and I typed it out and printed it onto acetate to stick onto the page.

Off to add a few more steps as I had planned to do 10,000 each day.

Hope your day is going well

Love Chrissie x

28 comments:

sam21ski said...

Oh my what gorgeous pages

Great hair on the second one and just love the subtleness of the top layout - stunning

Sam xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful pages, especially love the she-art! Just gorgeous! If you break your tea cake half the calories fall out, so every time you break it, half of the calories fall out, and you don't need to worry. Busy crafting here too! Hugs, Valerie

~*~Patty S said...

Lovely pages you've created and your she-art is wonderful with the perfect verse to go along with it!

Good luck on your steps :)
oxo

Catherine said...

This is so beautiful Chrissie ! I am so please you put the words of one of my favourite songs... I had put it on my blog a few weeks ago... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

froebelsternchen Susi said...

both is amazing.. I really love your fantastic face .. that's a wonderful entry for our She Art theme Chrissie! Thank you!
Good luck with your sporty efforts
I am a bit like Churchill..lol...
no sports...
o.k. I walk my dogs every day.. that have to be enough!
have a good new week dear Chrissie!
xxx
Susi

Eifelwicht said...

Beautiful pages, especially the face! I love the leaf-hair of the lady!

Ira Huberts said...

Both your pages look fabulous Chrissie, love your stamping work, I, too, love the ladies' hair! And good luck with your pedometer! Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Scrapmate said...

A great depiction of your chosen word for the dictionary challenge. I also love your art journal page.

butterfly said...

Gorgeous Jacobean pages - what a great word choice, and the stamps are lovely. Your SheArt face is simply beautiful, and the painty background frames her with such warmth and colour.
Alison x

Karin said...

gorgeous pages!
Groetjes Karin

M said...

Good luck with the pedometer, Chrissie. Two lovely pages, love the antique embroidery feel of the first and the second is more quirky (in a good way!). That is a lovely song- I know the Elvis Costello version. Marina

BJ said...

Super Jacobean page love all the colours. BJ

Von said...

I love your Jacobean style pages Chrissie :)there was a time when I used to do a lot of that style embroidery
Von ♥

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Two beautiful pieces of art. Your alpha page and your journal page look fantastic.

Meggymay said...

Two fabulous pages , so different but both giving wonderful details to look at.
Yvonne

Marianne said...

Very nice pieces, Chrissie...

Blessings for a great week,
Marianne xo

Buttons said...

Most impressed with the range of media you are using Chrissie. The Jacobean pages are great and I love how you've embellished the face. Jenny x

Jeannette said...

WOW,your journal pages are both amazing,espeiccally love your lady and the leafs on her hair,very beautiful,love it.
good luck for your sports efforts, i making again sport,iam no love this *lol*

greetings Jeannette

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Both pages are beautiful, love the pretty face for the She-art. Good luck with the exercise, it is good for us :) Have a great day/evening, Shirleyx

Sandy said...

Toasted tea cakes with butter - yum. I am looking forward to being able to walk again!
Your Jacobean pages are wonderful - never would have thought of that word. And I am pea green with envy over your journal page. I would love to have one fourth of your talent!!
Sandy

carolfromkiwiland said...

Cool pages both. Lovely colours in your J page.

TwinkleToes2day said...

Visiting from The Craft Barn - Great idea for your J word & I too love the face you created. I really like how you did here hair :0)

Gibby Frogett said...

Two fabulous and different pieces of artwork - love them both. Going to be humming that song for a while now..Gill x

Frea Konings said...

Popped over to see your Craft Barn page and I love it! Great tiles! The other one if gorgeous too! Hugs Frea

Maggie said...

Jacobean is a Great word choice Chrissie lovely pages. Great journal page below too. Thanks for visiting my blog.

MaggieH

LonettA said...

Wonderful pages! The lady´s hair of leaves is so pretty!

lena-dailyscrap said...

Lovely pages - both of them! Jacobean! Great choice!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

She is wonderful with colorful leaves around her head! coll creation Chrissee!