Friday, 4 October 2013

Photographs from last week

We took over 200 photographs in and around Skegness so here are just a few.


The first two photos were taken from hides at the Gibralta Point Nature Reserve. We went very early one morning before the mist had cleared. The water was very low because there hadn't been much rain at all for weeks. Lots of birds to spot though on the water, in the air and on the land. It was so peaceful with only bird sounds--and us chatting :)




We went to Mablethorpe and on the little sand train. If you go to the end of the train trip you can hike to the Nature reserve there which is also a seal sanctuary. They rescue injured seals and when they are well they put them back into the sea gradually.

There were lots of baby meercats that stole the show for me.

Here is a Gannet. They nest on the cliffs near to where we live but I never realised they were so big as I haven't been close to one before.

Can you guess what this is? We saw quite a few of them in different places we visited.

If you guessed 'Insect Hotel' you were right. I am going to try to collect things to build one in our garden as they are works of art I think.


Lots of blue sky and great grasses on the dunes along this coast.



Blot on the Land(Sea)scape or Work of Art?

I love to see windmills out at sea on a windy day though I know many people would disagree.


That's just a little taster of the things we saw.

Nice to have you drop by

Love Chrissie x





12 comments:

inkypinkycraft said...

Looks like you had a great time, I agree very cute baby meerkats xx hugs x

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous photos, thanks for sharing! Hugs, Valerie

Sandra's Spot said...

Great shots Chrissie a lovely coast to visit. My fav is the grasses against the sky and those cute meerkats. I love the new wind turbines on land and sea. Hope you returned home revivied. Hugs Sandra XXX

Crafty Max said...

So good to see you had such a wonderful photo snapping time .I love the sea picture catches the awesome drama of the waves . Can wait to see the rest of the 190+ photos. hugs Max xxxx

Crafty Max said...

Oops that should be CANT wait not can :(

sam21ski said...

Skeggy and Mablethorpe are lovely places aren't they Chrissie, great photos and a lovely reminder

Sam xxx

butterfly said...

A wild and beautiful landscape - the photo of the grasses is just wonderful (hmm... did you guess I might like that one?!), and the animals are great too.
Alison x

Sandy said...

Wonderful pictures!
sandy

Marianne said...

Great photos, Chrissie! I never saw windmills on the sea before, so that was interesting to me.

Blessings, my dear,

Marianne xo

Ira Huberts said...

These are amazingly beautiful Chrissie, so glad you had such a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Florence said...

Wonderful photos Chrissie. TFS I have seen a few of the insect nests before but not as big as the "hotel" one in your photo. I might try and make one of those as well. Just need a plumber with some throw away cut offs of copper pipe!! he he! Thank you for your visit to my blog.
Hugs to you and to Vic.
Florence x

cardsandcompany said...

So great to see your lovely photos Chrissie. They are all beautiful but my favourite is the grass - very special.
Lorraine