Saturday, 2 November 2013

Stencil and Flower

Hello All. Hope you have a lovely day today. I got up early to finish off some crafting as there are quite a lot of other things I have to fit in today. Shopping then rugby to watch and a Formula One Grand Prix qualifying as well--not to mention Strictly Come Dancing :) All that exercise will wear me out.

At the Craft Room this time they would like us to use masks or stencils. I have a lot of brass stencils and haven't really made use of them so I looked up how to use them on Goggle and found out that they could be used in a Cuttlebug.  That was me hooked for a whole morning trying various ones.


This is the card I made by using a stencil to emboss a piece of card then dabbing a distressed ink pad all over the finished embossing. I mounted this on some embossed card and lightly ran the same ink pad over it and then stamped with the same colour on a pink card.

The next challenge I made the card for is Crafting with Dragonflies where they would like to see our home made flowers. I made mine with ribbon and the leaf is made in the same way. I am not sure if I got it all quite right but the tutorial is here at What a Beautiful Mess if you would like to try it

Also I would like to add this to Crafty Creations where the theme is make it yourself-only just found this blog.


Enjoy what ever you are doing today

Love Chrissie x 

16 comments:

Sue said...

This is lovely Chrissie, it's great that you get to use your brass stencils again. Try not to tire yourself out with your sporty day lol xx

Wynn Walton said...

Beautiful flower. I like the use of faux stitching around the edges of the petals. Great use of your stencils to emboss too. I've never had a lot of success using them in the Bug but I might just give it another go after seeing what you did. Great job.
Wynn DT xx

Zoe Sanderson said...

Don't forget to breath during your busy day, sounds like a lot of sporty fun! Love your card so glad you have discovered how much fun and how versatile stencils/masks can be & you can get gloriously messy with them! The flower is pure magic looking very pretty there. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

baileyrosy.com said...

Well I'm intrigued by using the brass stencil for embossing very clever indeed and the result is fabulous. Love the beautiful flower very effective indeed. sounds like you have a fab day lined up.

Marie

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card, looks really lush! Enjoy your day, hugs, Valerie

Buttons said...

I really love this one Chrissie. So dramatic. Can't wait for Strictly either!! Jenny x

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...great work on this card Chrissie, love the colour and all the embossed texture and the flower is a lovely addition...good win on the rugby front but not watched the grand prix since Senna died and as for strictly I love it...thanks for your lovely words on my blog too...Mel:)xx

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card, love the layers and embossing as well as the Fab stencils.
Yvonne

~ Barb said...

I absolutely love your homemade flower! I think it would look cute as a hair clip too. Thank-you for sharing with us at Crafting With Dragonflies,
{Hugs} Barb, DT

Catherine said...

Totally gorgeous Chrissie ! Love the rich colours and the texture... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

butterfly said...

This is so beautiful, Chrissie... I love all the shades of ruby and rose, and the embossed stencil effect is wonderful. I feel as though I can see how much fun you had with this - it shines through!
Alison x

Marianne said...

Perfect! And I love the flower.

Blessings,
Marianne xo

Susan Hogan said...

Brass stencils! I remember them! I think I gave them away a few years ago - must have a looksee...Your adventuring into this has produced excellent results - it looks fabulous. I also really like your ribbon flower and will be following up on that tutorial! Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

Debi said...

gorgeous!! very effective and pretty, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

happyglitzygirl said...

Great card, great idea to use the stencil, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your stunning creation with us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.