Sunday, 1 December 2013

Christmas Card

Hi All. What a beautiful day it is here with blue sky and sunshine. I can't wait to get out there for a walk but I will wait a while as it is still very chilly at the moment.

The Craft-room Challenge this time is Vintage Christmas which isn't a style I usually do at all but I do like to join in at the Craft Room as they are such a friendly blog.


I Distressed around the white card before I started to add anything.  Next I made a piece of backing paper and tore a piece to fit just inside the card edge. Then came a doillie with  a bit of distressing on it. The image I found on a free Christmas Image Site. I added ribbon and then some embellishments, they are from a set I got from Poundland. The little flowers and the swirl I have had for a while in my bits and bobs box.

Do pop over to the Craft-Room and see the lovely things that the team there have made-very inspiring

Have a great day

Love Chrissie x

14 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely rich ruby reds, and the sparkle on the poinsettias and scrolls looks lovely. Love that green and gold ribbon too - a great finishing touch.
Alison xx

froebelsternchen Susi said...

what a lovely and beautiful christmas dream Chrissie! WOW!

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous vintage card Chrissie! Havea great day, hugs, Valerie

Zoe Sanderson said...

Bless you and thank you. Great vintage style love your card. XOXO Zoe

sam21ski said...

Oooh this turned out lovely Chrissie, perhaps you should do more of them?

Sam xxx

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous vintage card, the image is beautiful
Yvonne

Netty said...

smashing vintage card, Annette x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Very beautiful Chrissie! I love Vintage, but I don't make them either. Not sure why, but I sure like looking at them! Have a great week, Shirleyx

Inkypinkycraft said...

A really gorgeous card, with lovely festive tones and great details x hugs x

Maggie said...

Gorgeous card Chrissie love the rich vintage colours you have achieved the image is beautiful

MaggieH

Catherine said...

This is beautiful Chrissie ! Love the image and the banner ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Marianne said...

Ooo, this is beautiful, Chrissie! I love the way you embellished it - what a delightfully lovely card.

I used to save the Christmas cards friends and family would send to me, and then reuse a part of them on a card for them the next year.

Love the vintage feel, and image.

Love and hugs,
Marianne xo

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Hei, lovely creation. Beautiful and sweet image!
Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge,-))m

Amber Milone said...

This is beautiful! I love that sweet vintage image.