Friday, 2 May 2014

Craft-Room and Three Muses

Hi Everyone. A few days since I last posted and I don't know where the time has gone at all. Hope you are having a good week and thank you for calling in at Jumbled Crafts.

This time at the Craft Room Challenge the theme is Roses and Romance-always lovely to join in their challenges with such terrific samples and entries.


I made this from a piece of corrugated card from a box and it measure about 12x12 inches. For the background I used a paper napkin that Alison had sent to me with other goodies. I thought it was just right for this challenge. The boy and girl are from Gecko Galz and I cut the little rose posies from a sheet of paper to add here and there where it was a bit bare. The wheel in the middle made of paper with hearts on it and I added the pinched hearts. Then I painted around the edges of the card with acrylic paint and all over the back with the same colour as I am hoping to use it as a journal cover when I find a piece of card the same size to use for the journal back.

I have found another challenge blog where I can indulge myself with digital artwork. It is called Three Muses and this week they have the theme Stylish Ladies


Not sure what I did except that I found the picture of a new, trendy, coffee bar that has just opened in London. I added the ladies from different places and used effects on them. Then they met up for coffee in this very stylish place. I used a frame and then added a border with a brick texture.

Hope you are having a really nice day

Love Chrissie x


14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, love both of your challenge pieces, the soft, romantic look is really beautiful. I am just finishing off my entry, and waiting for the crackle varnish to dry! Have a lovely day, take care, hugs, Valerie
PS - wet and windy here today!

sirkkis said...

Absolutely gorgeous art piece. It's so clever and well done. Really love it!

Debi said...

Chrissie, just love your creation using the napkin- very creative and perfect for our challenge, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Zoe Sanderson said...

Fabulous collage Chrissie I love the soft feminine colours and vintage images. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge.

Have a great week-end and have you seen our challenge lists at Challenges for Days? XOXO Zoe

Meggymay said...

Two fantastic projects, the first one looks so romantic and feminine.
Yvonne

Von said...

Love the collage Chrissie :)
Von♥

Marina said...

Your 'roses and romance ' project is seriously pretty. I love the tissue background and the rosette.

Enjoyed seeing your quirky coffee collage too.

Anthea said...

It's a beautiful creation as always Chrissie - you are so clever!

hazel said...

I love your collage Chrissie - such a romantic piece. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Catherine said...

More stunning creations Chrissie ! Love the background with the roses, so beautiful ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Amber Milone said...

Such a pretty collage! That napkin is beautiful and I love how you edged it with the acrylic paint! Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Room.

marianne said...

Totally delightful...I love using napkins and tissue paper for effect.

Hugs,
Marianne xo

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Gorgeous creations again Chrissie!
Thank you for sharing your creativity at Craft-Room Challenge, welcome again;-))m

butterfly said...

Love the romantic canvas - what a lovely way to use that napkin - gorgeous!
Alison xx