Saturday, 2 August 2014

Art Journal Journey

Hello Everyone and welcome to Jumbled Crafts. Thank you for taking the time to visit and I hope you enjoy what you find here in my little space in Blogland

For the month of August at Art Journal Journey the theme is Frida Kahlo. I have seen lots of works influenced by her art but never really knew much about the person behind the art. Thanks to Valerie's wonderful post at AJJ I know a lot more and I am looking forward to joining in and seeing what others make as well.


This is my first effort which I hope is a tribute to the artist. I started off with white matte emulsion and whilst it was still wet I blended in various colours of poster paints. Then it was imagination time as I added some stamps, drawings and shapes. All highlighted with felt tip pens. I thought it only fitting to take the page outside to photograph with some flower but it was very windy and difficult to take anywhere else but in a sheltered corner of the garden.

Have a wonderful day and I hope to see what you make of this wonderful challenge.

Love Chrissie x



21 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, love how you have shown Frida as queen of the flowers, and presented the journal page in a bed of flowers, really wonderful, so glad you joined in the challenge at AJJ! have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

hazel said...

This is so beautiful Chrissie, I love all your colourful flowers.
xxx Hazel.

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Chrissie, this is a real stunning art page, love the flowers.xxx


The Journey is the Start

sheila 77 said...

Terrific border for the photograph, Chrissie, love all the colourful flowers, including the real ones.

Catherine said...

This is beautiful Chrissie ! What a nice tribute... Hope you are having a lovely week-end my friend ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Electra said...

Your first effort? Outstanding! I hope you do more of this!

sam21ski said...

Fabulous page and wonderful tribute xxx

Willy said...

Beautiful page and what a lovely border!!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

A beautiful tribute to Frida Chrissie! What cool techniques you used!
Fab!
Thank you s much for this great entry for AJJ - Frida month!
xxx
Susi

Meggymay said...

A beautiful page, love the way you framed Frida with a flower scene.
Yvonne x

~*~Patty S said...

Beautiful piece you created with such a lovely image of Friday too...one I had not seen before.
You photographed it brilliantly too!
oxo

Jeannette said...

this its so beautiful, i love your frida with the wonderful many flowers,love it.


xxx jeannette

Buttons said...

I think you've captured the spirit of Frida perfectly here Chrissie. Jenny x

sirkkis said...

Frida and flowers together - lovely page, Chrissie.

Sandy said...

Beautiful entry!!
Sandy xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

a beautiful piece. x

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

That's a gorgeous photograph of her, and you framed it beautifully with you flowers that reflect her quote. Blessings!

freebird7100 said...

Very beautiful. great job on the flowers

Netty said...

Love the photo of Frida and your beautiful page, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Margik said...

Great page with beautiful flowers. I love the image of Frida.
Hugs, Mar

Becky said...

A beautiful page Chrissie love it.
Becky x