Thursday, 1 January 2015

Art Journal Journey

Happy 2015 All, and a big thank you for the birthday greetings for today. I have so many lovely cards and things to 'play' with I have decided to stay in today and just enjoy them. The weather is dull and cold and tomorrow's forecast says sun so I will go out for a birthday meal tomorrow instead.

I was so pleased to see the return of the 'Inspired by the Masters' theme at Art Journal Journey as I loved it last time they had it. Wonderful to see all the ideas people had and the wonderful artwork entered.

This is one I had painted last time but forgot to post it so I have a early start on this month. Thank you Susi and Valerie for the wonderful blog where we can just express ourselves and share other ideas as well.


I just love the Rene Magritte leaf shaped trees and also the way that he often adds something very small against the backgrounds of his painting. My horse and rider are a bit big really but you get the idea.

Looking forward to joining in this year with more journal pages, both painted and digital

Thank you for calling in everyone. I hope you have a lovely day

Love Chrissie x

22 comments:

sam21ski said...

Happy Birthday Chrissie.

Happy New Year to you too xxx

Great pages and love your trees xx

All the very best for 2015 and happy crafting xx

sheila 77 said...

This is really lovely, I do like the blues and the horse and rider.
Happy New Year! It's wild and windy here too.

hazel said...

Happy Birthday and New Year Chrissie.
I love your journal page.
xxx Hazel.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic project, love how you made this, and am so glad you are also a fan of René Magritte! Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen Susi said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CHRISSIE!
And a Happy New Year !

I am so happy to have you with us over at Art Journal Joureny!
I so love all your ideas and interpretations!
Thank you for being a blog friend to me!

That makes me really happy and I love with what you came up here...
this trees are really awesome and I like the colors as well!
LOVELY PIECE!
xxx
Susi

Ira Huberts said...

Today is your birthday dear Chrissie, so I'm going to sing for you ♪♪♫♪♫ Happy Birthday to you ♪♪♫♪♫ (it's a good thing you can't hear me, for I am a lousy singer, lol!) Have a wonderful day and may you have a great new year, too! Love your composition, it's soooooo cool! Hugs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

Nikki Acton said...

Its a great theme - I am intending to do journalling this year! Shall be visiting you for inspiration . Nikki xx

Taluula said...

Happy birthday, Chrissie, AND a Happy New Year too.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Fantastic artwork Chrissie! Happy 2015, wishing you all the best, Shirleyxx

Sue said...

Wow Chrissie this is wonderful, I learn so much by visiting your blog. Have a very happy birthday xx

butterfly said...

Oh, Happy Birthday, Chrissie! I'm so bad at knowing things like that, but I should by now (it's not like this is a hard date to remember!).

Love your Magritte pages, and so happy to hear you are wrapped up warm and enjoying some play time.
Alison xx

Meggymay said...

Awesome page Chrissie, Love the leaf trees also the horse and rider.
Yvonne x

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful creation here Chrissie, fabulous design and gorgeous colour tones. HAPPY NEW YEAR AND A HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET BLOGGING BUDDY xxx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}


Marianne said...

Happy Birthday, Chrissie! And many many happy more.

Your journal page is quite lovely...nice work!

Blessings sweet one,
Marianne xo

Jeannette said...

happy birthday dear chrissie,your poage uits Amazing.
wish you all the best for 2015.


xxx Jeasnnette

johanna said...

hope your bday was fab and the new year will be, too!
love your entry to the challenge.

Catherine said...

This is beautiful Chrissie ! Love the blues ! Hope you had a lovely birthday ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Pamellia Johnson said...

Love the colours of this one Chrissie! Your trees are just fabulous! Happy belated birthday wishes, I hope you had a wonderful day yesterday! until next time :)

Fritzeline Farbenfroh said...

Fantastic artwork and wonderful interpretation from Magritte,
Happy 2015, wishing you all the best-

Claudia

craftytrog said...

This is wonderful Chrissie!

Tracy said...

Loving those trees, Chrissie!

steffiekreativ said...

I love your page and your trees! Very pretty! :-)

All the best, Steffie