Monday, 5 January 2015

Inchie and Journal Page

Hi All. Hope 2015 has started well and you have fitted in some crafting along the way. Thank you for joining me at Jumbled Crafts today

Here I am with the first inchie of the year for Every Inchie Monday and the theme is 'egg'


When my daughter came at Christmas she was making something in felt and I asked if I could have all the little pieces that she had left over. My intention is to make all of my inchies this year on felt and maybe sew them together at the end of the year

I cut out an egg shape in card and covered it with glue and pressed on bits of eggshell. Then I dabbed it with Distressed stain and finished it off with hair lacquer to add a bit of shine. Lots of sequins and beads from daughter, Linda, as well so I added a few of those.

Art Journal Journey have the theme 'Inspired by the Masters' again this month. It was so popular the first time they had it. So many artists and so many ways to interpret what they do.

I have chosen Francis Bacon today

Francis Bacon (28 October 1909 – 28 April 1992) was an Irish-born British figurative painter known for his bold, graphic and emotionally raw imagery.


I painted this digitally and really enjoyed doing it. I think that doing work in the style of a master gives you an insight into where they were coming from. Must say I have never seen anything by Bacon for real but now I would like to.

Have a great day

Love Chrissie x






22 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your inchie, and your Bacon piece is wonderful - great colours, too. Thanks for this wonderful contribution to Art Journal Journey! Hugs, Valerie

Zoe Brener said...

Happy 2015! What an incredibly fabulous inchie! And I adore the journal page. I am still working mine out.

sally said...

I love your cracked egg shell inchie! The felt is a good idea too :-)

Sally

Catherine said...

Your inchie is gorgeous and your digital painting is stunning ! Don't know how you do it ! You rock Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

froebelsternchen Susi said...

A gorgeous idea wih the 2015 felt inchies... I love the eggshell technique on this one... fantastic ..and your digital painting is just ADORABLE... wow!
Thank you dear Chrissie for another fab contribution to Art Journal Journey -Inspired by the Masters!
xoxoxo
Susi

ULKAU said...

Your digital portrait looks very interesting - an I wonder, how you did it?
Ulrike

WendyK said...

Fabulous inchie, and Bacon. go well together as well

chrissies said...

Never thought of the egg and bacon connection Wendy. I am having a good laugh at that

Love Chrissie x

butterfly said...

Love your felt inchie idea - an inchie patchwork at the end of the year will be great! Love, love the sheen on your eggshelly egg - almost metallic - and very cool! Your digital painting is simply amazing...
Alison xx

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Chrissie, ahhhh love the inchie, always fascinates me and your awesome painting....wow, .love your creation, image and beautiful design.xx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}


Jean Chaney said...

What a fun idea to work in a new medium, felt. I can't wait to see what you come up with each week. Interesting digital painting. I'm not sure how you do that, but it sure turned out great,

lee said...

first what a great idea about the left over felt, and you did a great job of bacon, I to would love to see his studio, and his art

Craftyfield said...

How appropriate to use eggshell as texture on your egg! Love the idea of the felt and stitching all the inchies together at the end. Good plan!

Pamellia Johnson said...

Oh my gosh, I love your egg shell inchie! Genius and gorgeous! You are so creative Chrissie! hugs :)

Kia said...

Your inchie is fabulous. Hard to imagine you started with felt. (I've been working with felt lately too!) The texture is great, as is the colour. Your artwork is so neat.

Kia said...

Forgot to wish you Happy New Year!

Meggymay said...

Fabulous egg shell inchie Chrissie. Its an awesome art piece as well.
Yvonne xx

freebird7100 said...

your inchie is adorable! Glad your daughter was able to help you out with craft bits! I really like your artist interpretation of Bacon's work. Great job

Trillian said...

Wonderful inchie. I think it is a great idea to make all inchies on felt.

Marle said...

Egg and Bacon , what a tasty breakfast!
Chrissie, it's such a great idea to use eggshell for your Inchie. It's so artistically.
Greetings Marle

Gloria J Zucaro said...

So cool with the glowing effect! I would like to try similar sometime!

J L Johnson said...

Like your idea for this years inchies. The egg shell was creative. Your Francis Bacon inspired work is nice.