Saturday, 3 January 2015

Lowry for AJJ

Hello All. Hope that 2015 is going well for you so far and that you know you will always be welcome at Jumbled Crafts. Thank you for your visits and the beautiful comments.

Today I have done another page for Art Journal Journey for the 'Inspired by the Masters' theme. It is wonderful to have a theme that has endless possibilities and an opportunity to learn more about different artists.

Today I have chosen Laurence Stephen Lowry and tried to show that he didn't just paint Matchstalk men and Matchstalk cats and dogs. I have a few personal tales I could tell about my Lowry experiences and may tell more another day but this is about his connection with Berwick-on-Tweed.


This is one of three bridges over the Tweed. The old bridge was built for carriages and foot passenger and is now just for cyclists and pedestrians.  I imagine that Lowry walked over there many time to Spittal on the other side as he painted a lot of pictures from there looking back at Berwick from the opposite shore.
This is a photograph I took of the bridge and I did some digital work on it to turn it into a black and white drawing.  I added sky and colour to the bridge then two fishmen from a Lowry painting. They were over at Spittal fishing really.




If you are lucky enough to visit Berwick-on-Tweed I hope you will walk the Lowry trail as it so interesting and a nice walk as well.

Have a great day love x







20 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Great page Chrissie ( and a beautiful photo too), interesting to find out a bit more about Lowry also. Hope to find the time to walk his trail next time we pass through Berwick!

Happy and creative year to you and yours!!

Catherine said...

This is beautiful Chrissie... Love your creation as always ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

aussie aNNie said...

Love your new header Chrissie and what a Brilliant creation with a magnificent image and colours.xx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Ilona Heimböckel said...

Wow, I love your photo-montage/collage! And thank you for sharing information about the artist!

Nikki Acton said...

Fabulous digital image Chrissie! Nxx

Pamellia Johnson said...

I love the alterations you made to the photo, what a stunning effect!! Happy weekend Chrissie, hugs :)

sam21ski said...

Ooh fabulous and love your addition of the 2 images of the people - looks fantastic and very rustic

Happy new year to you too, mines not kicked off to a very good start, the boiler broke on NY's Eve - lol. Luckily part has been ordered and hopefully will be here on Monday xxx

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Your artwork is wonderful Chrissie... I so love what you did here!
I admit I have never heard of this artist so I will check him out now!
Gorgeous photos as well along with your fantastic digital piece Chrissie!
Thank you a lot of being with us at Art Journal Journey - that makes me really happy! ♥♥♥

Meggymay said...

Fabulous digital art Chrissie, look forward to reading some of the untold tales you mentioned you had.
Yvonne x

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Chrissie, I left you a comment this morning and it has disappeared! Love what you have made, and I know that bridge, too, so that makes it extra special! Hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Great art work, Chrissie. I like the colouring you did.
Have a happy weekend, hugs xx

Zoe Sanderson said...

A great piece, I love the low angle of the bridge as it extends away into interesting places. The two figures appear to have companionship in solitude and look just right. Fascinating information about Lowry new and interesting learning. Happy New Year XOXO Zoe

Jeannette said...

<love your stunning bridge,its so fantastic,love it.

XXX Jeasnnette

Von said...

Love your digitised bridge Chrissie :)
Von ♥

Ira Huberts said...

Happy New Year to you dear Chrissie! Your bridge creation is amazing, love how you altered your photo, very creative!!
Hugs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

That's an amazing digital collage, and very much worthy of framing. I would love to walk the Lowry trail someday, and experience his inspiration. Happy New Year, my friend!

butterfly said...

I always love your altered photos, Chrissie - and this one has the added bonus of Lowry. The two fishermen look as though they've always been there... lovely!
Alison xx

johanna said...

i wasn´t familiar with lowry so far, your entry is really interesting for me. and i love your digital skills, you altered it beautifully!

lee said...

great page, and I love the digital as well, thanks for introducing me to Lowry

Judy said...

Great digital collage, Chrissie, one of my favourite artists, he may feature in my 3 Muses next week!