Saturday, 2 May 2015

Journal Page and Photographs

Hello Everyone and welcome to Jumbled Crafts. Thank you visiting as I do love visitors.

At Art Journal Journey this time the theme is The Sea. As I live at the seaside I am hoping to get lots of ideas for this challenge.


I used emulsion paint for this and quite a thick brush. Then I used white and black pen for the birds and to highlight the figure leaning on a pole.


Yesterday the Tour de Yorkshire cycle race started here in Bridlington and it was very busy along our end of the seafront. 

Here is team GB with a very much smaller van and team than many of the other countries taking part



The lifeboat was brought out of its usual hiding place as that was where all the crowds were gathering. Where it is on the picture is at the top of the ramp leading to the beach.


The sky team had 3 cars and a very large van and also gave out maps of the route for the race and flags for us to wave.

These are Bradley Wiggins spare bikes and he had a fancy stall nearer the start line where he was signing autographs and chatting to all who could get near. I did hear someone say a lot of the bikes cost about £10,000



This building was built over night and is for the media coverage. It all came on the back of transporters then slotted into place like magic.



Introducing the riders. I couldn't see much at all. I should have taken a stool.
We watched the coverage on the television as it was part of the route that the bus took last weekend when we came back from Whitby. I am looking forward to seeing the next part of the race today and the last part tomorrow which will include York and the finish in Leeds

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the photos, they showed pics of the tour on Tv here yesterday evening. Love your journal page, thanks so much for creating this lovely piece for Art Journal Journey! Is that Vic watching the waves? Geat quote, too! Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

Becky said...

Great journal page Chrissie love the pic of The Tour De France 10,000 for a bike think of all the craft stuff you could buy with that.x

aussie aNNie said...

Love the new crisp blog page Chrissie....interesting photos here too. Would love to go there one day.
Delightful journal page and gorgeous sea side image displayed so heavenly ...gorgeous colours.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wow Chrissie, your new blog design is so beautiful, it's much easier on the eyes, making it easier to read, I just love it!! Beautiful page, the water is amazing!! Great shots you got, looks like a lot of fun. hugs :)

Catherine said...

Your page is gorgeous Chrissie, I so love the quote... Thank you for sharing your pics with us... Have a lovely week-end Sweetie... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

sheila 77 said...

Emulsion paint! what an original idea. You've really captured the waves of the sea and the swooping seagulls.
I'm looking forward to more "The Sea"s from sunny (or not if it's like here) Bridlington. How marvellous to live by the sea.
I enjoyed the photos of the cycle race start too.

Jeannette said...

wow,what are fantastic ocean pages,this is lovely with the man standing and looking the waves,the seagulls beautiful too.
iam looking the run on my tv in the afternoon,very beautiful pics of photos.
have a nice weekend,here its sunny and good weather for walks.


greetings jeannette

Mrs.B said...

Great journal page Chrissy, very atmospheric, especially with that quote.
Love the pics, thanks for sharing
Avril xx

Craftychris said...

Love your ocean piece and the quote is fabulous! The photos are cool and it all looks fab fun! xxx

Buttons said...

Great journalling here Chrissie and how exciting to see Tour up close! Jenny x

Meggymay said...

Fabulous sea scene Chrissie, you wonder what the man must be thinking gazing out to sea.
Thanks for sharing your Tour photos, We are watching it this weekend on TV as well.
Yvonne xx

Lucyna Marynowska said...

Love your sea inspired page Chrissie! The quote is so true! I was born and have been living all my life at the sea side.

Lucyna Marynowska said...

Love your sea inspired page Chrissie! The quote is so true! I was born and have been living all my life at the sea side.

Marina said...

Beautiful sea project, love the waves and seagulls.

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Your painting is great with the fab quote Chrissie.. and I enjoy all the pics of this event- Thank you for sahring!
I am sure you will come up with some great ideas this month!
Thank you for always being with us at AJJ!
♥♥♥
Happy Sunday!
Susi

Craftyfield said...

I haven't painted in such a long time I don't know if I still can! Your page makes me want to try though.
Enjoy your week end!

hazel said...

I love your journal page, it's fabulous.
xxx Hazel.

sam21ski said...

WOW great pickies from the tour, at least it was a nice day compared to today!!! Great journal page too, love your silhouette xxx

Sandy said...

Fantastic journal page and wonderful pictures!!
Sandy xx

lena-dailyscrap said...

Very true words - lovely page!