Tuesday, 5 July 2016

Try it on Tuesday Happy Holiday

Hi All. Welcome to Jumbled Crafts and thank you for dropping by.

Here we are with a new challenge at Try it on Tuesday where the theme is Happy Holidays. You have 2 weeks to  make anything you like so long as you follow the guidelines and the theme.
If you pop to TIOT you can see what the rest of the team has made and you will get some inspiration, if you need any, to join in with us.

As we live at the beach and have lots of lovely countryside around us we like to visit cities when we go on holiday. It means we see museums, art galleries etc that we don't see where we live. Also love exploring the quieter areas of places away from the touristy bits.

The postcard was inspired by ones that we used to send to my Gran when we went on holiday many years ago. She said it felt like she had been there with us to see all the pictures. Not sure if they still make this sort of card as I haven't seen any in recent times.


I printed out an old post card back. I had to sign it Christine as she would never have approved of me being called Chrissie 

If you pull up the tag the pictures drop down from under the flap. All the photographs were ones we took in Lincoln on holiday.

This shows the side view and how it folds into the postcard front.






These are the photographs I used. The large one was taken from a boat on the river as we went for a trip.

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx

22 comments:

sam21ski said...

Wow great set of photos you have there, lovely memories and I love your postcard 'Christine' - lol xx

froebelsternchen Susi said...

A wonderful project dear Chrissie and amazing photos !
oxo Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card, lovely photos, I loved the 4 years I spent there studying. Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

hazel said...

I love your postcard Chrissie, the photos are beautiful.
xxx Hazel.

sirkkis said...

Amazing setting for your great cards. You have such good ideas, Chrissie.
Haugs xx

Astrid Maclean said...

A great postcard Chrissie and fabulous photos!!

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant creation and just love the postcard.xx.xx {aNNie}

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Chrissie this is wonderful…and not just because it is my home town! I love how you have made a fold down flap with all those lovely images! The Waterside pub is one we used to eat at regularly! I am going to see my brother who still lives there and I have requested a tourist day as there are so many changes since I lived there! Hugs, Chrisx

Zoe Sanderson said...

What a fabulous project, what a great idea love it! XOXO

Gibby Frogett said...

Brilliant idea and project Chrissie/ Christine love it! ...haven't noticed those folded view type of postcards for years... but does anyone still send postcards from their holidays anymore?
Gill/Gillian ha ha xx

Mrs.B said...

This is a fabulous idea Chrissie and a lovely way to treasure your photos and remember your Gran.
Avril xx

Meggymay said...

A fabulous holiday postcard. I remember the style, my gran liked them as well. The photos you used are lovely.
Yvonne xx

Craftyfield said...

The photos are great and the postcard idea is clever. I do similar things on scrapbooks if I have a lot of photos for one page.

Margik said...

What a fantastic postcard, great photos and a creative design!
Hugs, Mar

Sharon Koole said...

That is such a great idea! I always buy postcards wherever we go and take loads of photos too.

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wow, what an amazing card Christine! lol. I love the photos you used, so postcard perfect! Great layout, love the way they come folding out like an accordion. hugs :)

Marina said...

What a lovely and unique way to display photos, and also to remember your grandmother.

Nancy Dynes said...

What a fantastic idea! I absolutely love your accordion postcard design!! I'm so happy to have found your blog!
Hugs,
Nancy

My name is Erika. said...

Lovely story you included with your piece today. I think its a wonderful tribute to holidays of the past and all the fun holidays you get to take now. They sound like great little journeys. Hugs-Erika

Marjut said...

A Wonderful idea.

Craftychris said...

Fabulous photos and such a great idea for a postcard - a real keepsake! xxx

Linda Kunsman said...

what a wonderful way to share those marvelous photos Chrissie!