Tuesday, 2 August 2016

Show us your leftovers

Hi All. Welcome to Jumbled Crafts and Thank you for dropping by. This is a scheduled post as I will be away when it is published. I will try to get around your blogs as always but not sure if I will have wifi where we are staying.

Today we have the start of a new challenge at Try it on Tuesday and as always it will last for 2 weeks and you can make anything at all so long as it follows the challenge theme. I hope you will call in the TIOT blog and see the great ideas the rest of the team have had to help inspire you.


This is what I have made--they are called Twiddle muffs and I make them for dementia patients. I found the pattern here and have made about 20 so far. I saw some of them in use when I took them to the care home where my mother-in-law stayed to get better. They really do work. The patients play with the textures of the wool and the things that are stitched onto the outside and the inside. They are allowed to keep them as their own.

I am kept well stocked with leftovers as people give me wool and bits and bobs to stitch on. I have even taught some others to knit them as they are so easy to make.

Hope you will join in with us for this challenge

Love Chrissie xx


17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your twiddle muffs, they are a wonderful idea, and a great way to help others. Hugs, Valerie

Pamellia Johnson said...

What a wonderful assortment of twiddle muffs Chrissie. Such lovely gift ideas and I love that you donate them! Hope you are having a great time away. hugs :)

Gibby Frogett said...

What a lovely idea and a wonderful thing to make for this cause.
You are so clever Chrissie, they are fabulous.
Hope the weather is being kind to you while you are away.
Gill xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Chrissie! I love these!I keep meaning to make some myself having seen Twiddlemuffs on Jo's Twiglet blog
http://twiglet5.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/woyww.html
http://twiglet5.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/woyww_15.html
http://twiglet5.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/woyww_22.html
They seem such a brilliant idea and I am sure will be welcome in your local care homes! I love the bits and pieces you have added to yours! Hugs, Chrisx

Meggymay said...

I do love your Twiddle Muffs Chrissie, and will be much used by the folk they are made for. Its a wonderful assortment of materials you have to make them. Enjoy your time away.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen Susi said...

AMAZING what you created here with leftovers Chrissie!
Gorgeous!

Linda Kunsman said...

these are absolutely wonderful Chrissie and what a great use of them too! Enjoy your time away.

Margik said...

Stunning Chrissie, you've created fantastic Twiddle Muffs with your leftovers, and made for a great cause. Mar xx

Lucyna Marynowska said...

Love the way you have used the leftovers Chrissie! It is a lovely idea for this cause. Hugs!

sirkkis said...

Super leftovers project. Clever use, too.
Hugs ❤❤

Craftyfield said...

Perfect outlet for a creative mind with lots of odds and ends and useful to boot! Love the look of them, brilliant collection!

Mrs.B said...

I love your Twiddle Muffs, what a great idea and a fabulous way of using odds and ends of everything - and for a great cause.
Have a great time while you are away.
Hugs, Avril xx

sally said...

These caught my eye on the TIOT page and I needed to check it out...didn't realise that they were twiddle muffs from the small photo! I've got a pattern but not yet got round to making any, I think that will be a job for the cooler weather- mum & gran both had dementia so I'd very much like to do something useful!

Sally

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Chrissie, the texture muffs are gorgeous and how wonderful that you donate them to a good cause. Shows what a kind person you are. Take care xxx

hazel said...

Fabulous twiddle muffs - a great idea for using leftovers and making them for such a worthwhile cause.
xxx Hazel.

My name is Erika. said...

Fantastic knitted muffs. I think this is a wonderful idea-I have never heard of these. And I love your flowers. What a spectacular bunch of blooms. I wonder where you went to. I can't wait to see some of those photos. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

Lynda Shoup said...

What a lovely project! The way you put yours together is simply lovely. I had never heard of these, but am very impressed with the idea. These can be useful to people with a variety of disabilities and I think I will find myself making some. Thanks for the wonderful project idea.