Tuesday, 6 December 2016

Try it on Tuesday Celebrations

Hello Everyone and thank you for your visit to Jumbled Crafts.
 I'm sure many of you have come to see what the new challenge is at Try it on Tuesday. This time we have Celebrations as the theme so it will be great to see your makes and what they were made to celebrate. If you need inspiration the rest of team have some wonderful ideas so I hope you pop to TIOT and see what they have made. Also while you are there check out the few rules and then you can be sure you are following those with your entry.

This is a card for a friend's son to celebrate his 50th brithday


He is a keen cyclist and goes in for racing events so I found the best racing bike for 2016 and used a picture of that for the background and the main feature.

The card photograph is a bit of a cheat really because when it was taken the card was in kit form. My friend has always said she would love to be able to make a card herself so I made up a kit with choices and had all the doubled sided tape and the foam taps on the back of the pieces so that she could assemble it herself in whatever way she liked. I am also going to let her try Distressed ink around the edges of the outside and the inner so that should be fun--I had better take some spare white card just in case.

Hope you will join us with your take on the theme

Love Chrissie xx

22 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card, I am sure any cyclist's heart will beat faster for that card. Have a happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

sam21ski said...

Awww what a lovely thought Chrissie putting everything together for your friend to assemble, hope the extra white card wasn't needed xxx

Craftychris said...

It's such a cool personalised card and such fun that your friend can put it together herself! What a lovely idea. xxx

butterfly said...

A great made-to-measure card... and I love that it has the element of DIY too - clever!
Alison x

pearshapedcrafting said...

A fabulous card and such a lovely idea for your friend to be able to make her son's card herself! Hugs, Chrisx

froebelsternchen Susi said...

A very cool card - he will love it and for sure you made your friend happy as well as she could make her son's card herself!
You are an angel!

oxo Susi

sirkkis said...

Nice card for the cycling lover.
Hugs xx

Mrs.B said...

A this is a fabulous idea for your friend to 'make' the card herself and I'm sure her son will love it. Love the backing paper you've made using the image.
Hope you enjoy the play time with the Distyress inks.
Avril xx

aussie aNNie said...

This is awesome, turned out great Chrissie.xx{aNNie}

Gibby Frogett said...

Fantastic image and card Chrissie. Such a great idea to give it as a D.I.Y card, hope your friend has fun making it and inspired to try more.
Love the new header, hope its not like that yet though :)
Gill xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Fantastic card and a wonderful DIY kit! I really like the cycling theme. Take care, xx

Meggymay said...

That's a wonderful idea to give a card as a DIY piece. I think your friend will enjoy making it, perhaps it will get her making more for herself.
Its a fabulous choice of images and papers for a cyclist.
Yvonne xx

Lucyna Marynowska said...

What great ideas you have Chrissie!A kit!Have to try this with my friends!
Big, warm hugs! Lula

Margik said...

This card is fabulous, fun, and elegant... I really love the design. I'm sure your friend loves it.
Mar xx

zandra said...

Great guy card and love the gold.
Hugz, Z

zandra said...

Great guy card and love the gold.
Hugz, Z

Maja Rijkers said...

What a sweet idea to make a kit for your friend so she can make the card herself! Your friend will love it!
Maja xxx.

Pamellia Johnson said...

Beautiful card, love the shiny metallic paper backing! I'm sure your friend was thrilled! :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Looks like I'm late for the party. Your card to your son is wonderful. So appropriate and so individual.

I wish I had kits for my Christmas list. I'm having a terrible time with the insides and addressing them. I'm glad you are helping your friend. I'd love to have your kit making help!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to mention that I like your festive new blog banner. It may put me in the mood for winter and Christmas.

Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful card idea and how thoughtful to get everything ready for her to say "I made it for you". LOVE it.
Faith
x

Rein said...

Great card!