Saturday, 4 February 2017

Paper Piecing

Hi All from a sunny NE UK coast. It is very cold though I haven't been for a walk yet. Thank you for calling in.

I saw a challenge on Annie's Blog and it was for Paper Piecing at Allsorts Challenges

As far back as I recall I haven't tried Paper Piecing before and I am not sure what I did was right at all but I like the finished card even if it isn't my usual style.


The background paper is Crafty Individuals' Travels in Italy' and the digital stamp is from Whoopsiedaisy. The beautiful die cuts were some of the ones that Avril sent to me-thank you  Avril' and the flowers I made.


Side view of decoupage dress and boots.

I just got a new camera so I am still learning how to use it. I am hoping my photographs will improve before too long.


I took this Turnstone on the seafront yesterday


and this 'waves and cliffs photograph'--first time using the camera.

Have a great rest of the day

Love Chrissie xx

15 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Chrissie, just want to say what a lovely card you have made....and with DT Hat on...
Thanks for sharing your lovely card at Allsorts 'PAPER PIECING' challenge, good luck in the draw. Also thanks for the plug on my blog, hugs ♥
[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful paper piecing piece, and LOVE the photos. The bird is super and the waves look almost real. The more pics you take, the quicker you get to learning about he new camera.Off to get my blog written now, and then a nap - enjoy your sports! Have fun! Hugs, Valerie

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous card Chrissie, such a sweet image and I love how you've popped her dress up, gives a great depth.
Great close up of the bird and the cliffs - the sea looks cold!!
Have a great day,
Avril xx

Tarja said...

Card is nicely dressed. You have taken lovely pictures.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had NO idea what paper piecing was or is, but whatever it is, you made a simply adorable card.

You took some beautiful shots learning about your new camera. I can tell it's going to be a wonderful time for you as you learn to use it. After all, your first shots are fabulous.

Sue said...

I love your paper piecing Chrissie, I used to really enjoy doing this but I've not done it for ages. Good luck with your new camera and enjoy taking your photos xx

My name is Erika. said...

Love the beach photo. I think those cliffs are cool. Great art today also Chrissie. I guess you've escaping the house with a little more walking. :) Erika

Craftyfield said...

I love the CI papers, so gorgeous I can't bring myself to use them! Your card is beautiful and you've risen to the paper piecing challenge! I'm not too keen on that because of all the fussy cutting but it does add a little something to a stamped image. Great pics BTW, enjoy the rest of your weekend!

hazel said...

A beautiful card Chrissie and lovely photos.
xxx Hazel.

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful card Chrissie the way you added her dress looks wonderful.
Super photos, enjoy using your new camera.
Yvonne xx

Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful card and photos.
Faith
x

Margik said...

Fantastic paper piecing Chrissie, the dress and boots are so cute.
Mar xx

Gibby Frogett said...

Love your card Chrissie - paper piecing is fun and a good way to use up scraps of patterned paper too. That's a cute stamp you used.
Great photos - have fun with your new camera.
Gill x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! This is fabulous Chrisssie! I love your photos too! Chrisx

Craftnut said...

Thanks for entering our challenge at allsorts this week Tracy x