Saturday, 22 July 2017

Journal Page and photographs

Hello Everyone and Happy Weekend to you. Hope it goes well and thank you for your visit.


At Art Journal Journey the theme this month was chosen by Elizabeth and her beautiful cat Bluebeard. They chose the theme Summertime Love and it is wonderful to see all the different ideas that people have thought of.


We have friends who have a caravan and go here and there every other week from Spring until Autumn. I can't imagine where they find to go that is better than where we live but it is certainly the things they love



 We went for an evening walk to the harbour and the fishing boats were in. This is a something we don't see often as they are usually out at sea. The building on the end of the pier is a fish factory and now, they are building a fish laboratory and research centre for the industry, on the other side of the harbour



This is the main road and our estate is behind the hedge on the right though we live farther back from there. On the path side behind the trees is avery beautiful golf course with lots of wild life and plants.
Suddenly the road became very busy and traffic came almost to a halt. We kept on walking and passed most of the traffic until we came to th e culprit


A gypsy caravan that was going very slowly even though it had two horses. Eventually it pulled off the road into a field and the traffic was able to go on its way safely. The building on the right is a very new small hotel that seems to be full most of the time.

Have a great day 

Love Chrissie xx

15 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is a wonderful journal page, Chrissie. You found all the places where the caravan/campers might park. I was amazed at how many of your campers parked at the beach. We aren't allowed to park on most of our beaches. Yours is fabulous. I also LOVE the RULES of the caravan. They are good ones. And of course, home truly IS where you park it, if you are living in it.

Your photos were really enjoyable. I was very, very impressed with all the colorful fishing and sail boats. They were certainly different. I liked that you explained the building was a fish cannery/factory, too. I probably would have asked.

That gypsy caravan and the horses were well worth the photo. I was amazed they still use horses in their caravans. Thanks for sharing those photos, and thanks for joining the Summertime Love at Art Journal Journey today.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page, and love the photos, too. Haven't seen a gypsy caravan for years. The boats in the harbour look wonderful. My husband used to like going out and about in a motor home, and we often spent our summer holidays touring Europe. It wan't so much for for me, as I had to drive and do all the work....But we did see some nice places. Have a great weekend and enjoy the beauties of where you live, hugs, Valerie

geistige_Schritte said...

wonderful journal page, so sweet!!!!
beautiful photos of their surroundings!
Have a happy weekend Elke

froebelsternchen Susi said...

It is such a beautiful and fun page and it looks absolutely beautiful where you live! I like this unique gypsy caravan ! Thank you for all the photos!

Thank you for your continued support of Art Journal Journey dear Chris-
happy weekend.
Susi

Marina said...

Fantastic collage and love to see your photos.

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely page Chrissie and just adore the beauty of those pics.xx [aNNie]

Meggymay said...

Oh Chrissie, your journal page is speaking volumes to me tonight. It is fabulous , I liked the caravan rules and of course home is were ever you park it.
But I have to say that it is a joy to return home after being away.
I loved the photos and the caravan that was stopping your traffic, I'm sure we saw one very much like it parked in a lay by in Yorkshire.
The other photos looked great as well.
Yvonne xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Chrissie your summer page is fantastic, full of caravan memories for sure. I think it's wonderful that some people are quite adventurous and travel around in a little caravan. I couldn't but do like to travel but coming home is the best part. I can't wait to have a permanent home again. It looks like you live in a beautiful place, how wonderful ! xx

butterfly said...

What heavenly rules for caravan life - I think they should apply all the time! Lovely restful page full of the joys of a gentle outdoor summer holiday. It's so long since I've seen a gypsy caravan on the move - I can remember being obsessed with the tv series Kezzy when I was a kid, and the idea of a life on the road was so appealing. (Now that I've got something approaching that, of course, I just want to stay put in my hermit cave and never move... ah well, the grass is always greener, eh?! Not entirely true - I do love the adventures while I'm on them.) I'd love to go for a wander around that harbour too.
Alison x

Craftyfield said...

Your summer page is a fabulous advert for caravans and caravanning! Great photos of your area, with this blue sky the port looks so inviting! xx

Dortesjs said...

Waue grat harbour, I love your pictures..I love being by the sea. great caravan page.

Trillian as said...

Hi Chrissie, these are really nice pictures. A really nice place where you live.

Sue said...

What a brilliant journal page Chrissie, these are excellent rules for caravaning! Your harbour pictures are fab too, definitely a good place to live. Have a fun week, Sue xx

hazel said...

A fabulous journal page Chrissie and beautiful photos.
xxx Hazel.

sam21ski said...

Oooh fabulous photos of the harbour, great day for it xx