Sunday, 2 July 2017

Second on the second-now and then

Hello Everyone who calls in and thank you for your visit to Jumbled Crafts. I am joining Bluebeard and Elizabeth today to share a link to an old post and to update you on the project.



My original post is here in July 2013. I used one of the photographs on that post to make my new header and tile for Jumbled Crafts. Sorry to say that the plastic flowers suffered from weather damage and then dropped off their perch and fell among the plants. So time for an update I thought. For some reason or another we stopped drinking much milk so a big plastic container was out of the question. I used the smallest one you can buy at the supermarket and there was only one of those in our recycling. The key holder is still there and looks a lot more interesting with all the rust it has now.

In 2013




Before new flowers

Now


My colour choices have changed and my choice of ways to add colour has too--my fingers are all blue now.

Hope you enjoy the old post

Don't forget to join us on the beach at Tag Tuesday and a couple more days with Letters /numbers at Try it on Tuesday

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx


21 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely project Chrissie, I liked it back then and like it even more now, those rusty keys are gorgeous! Have a lovely Sunday! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Even before you mentioned how your color choices had changed, I thought how much better the new flowers looked. Maybe MY color choices have changed, too. I certainly like the new over the old, and of course, that includes the rusty keys and key holder. Since I didn't know you back then, this was a fun update. I even enjoy the new header.

Thanks for sharing this second look on the 2nd.

aussie aNNie said...

Amazing how we have changed as time goes bye, great show.xx [aNNie]

geistige_Schritte said...

wonderful the project!!! I love this!!!
nice Sonday
Elke

froebelsternchen Susi said...

What a lovely project! Great in both variations Chrissie!
Have a nice Sunday!
oxo Susi

hazel said...

A beautiful garden decoration, the flowers are lovely and a great way to use old milk bottles,
xxx Hazel.

CJ Kennedy said...

Your garden art is so fun. You've given me some ideas for my Zensical garden.

Craftyfield said...

I never fought of using milk bottles before! Now you mention it...
I think I love both versions of the flowers but the keys are so much nicer for being rusted!

kathyinozarks said...

I love garden art and wow this was such a neat project-I never would have thought you could use plastic milk bottles to paint on. I loved your original post and how this was made-and I love it even more now-Love the colors and those rusty keys are the best!
Happy second on the 2nd Kathy

kathyinozarks said...

Oh and I love your background page

My name is Erika. said...

Nice. I love the original Chrissie and the new redo is also quite gorgeous. I bet its a nice addition in your garden. :) Hugs-Erika

Mrs.B said...

A great project Chrissie - it looked good back then, but I do love the subtle colours now.
Avril xx

Gibby Frogett said...

Fabulous project Chrissie - nice to see the then and now...
love the rusty keys especially.
hope your having a great weekend... Gill xx

Astrid Maclean said...

A great trip down memory lane and fabulous new flowers! Love those rusty keys, just a really great project!!

Joan said...

I really love your key holder and I've loved looking back at your original post, have a box full of old keys ,never knew what to do with them but I just like them!

Joan x

sam21ski said...

Lovely and those rusty keys are a perfect finish xx

Meggymay said...

I love hoe the keys have rusted with age and the elements. Its a wonderful makeover for your garden hanging. Beautiful new flowers as well.
Yvonne xx
p.s. Your new header looks fantastic.

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a great idea! Love them both of course as it's a fabulous way to cheer up the garden all year round! Chrisx

Daffodil Cards said...

Super idea and beautifully done.
Faith
x

Sue said...

This is wonderful Chrissie, fab flowers and I love the rusty keys xx

Lorraine said...

wow thats great idea