Wednesday, 2 August 2017

2nd on the 2nd and AJJ

Hello Everyone. I  hope your week is going well so far. Mine seems to be flying by as my MIL has been taken into hospital again and it is taking lots of our day to help arrange things as well as hospital visits.
Thank you for dropping by today.

At Altered Book Lover Elizabeth sends out an invite on the 2nd of the month for us to do a repost of something from a past blog post.

I thought I would show something else that Vic and Me altered as garden art about a year ago. The original post is here telling what it was and how we changed it. This is how it looked when we changed it.


Just taken a photograph and it now looks like this


Almost covered in plants but when they die back it brightens a dull fence.

At Art Journey Journey the lovely Jo is hosting and has chosen the theme
'Poetry in Motion. For this you do a journal page to illustrate a poem, quote or saying of your choice.


This is a digital page 4 inches by 6 inches and started out with one of my photographs of a beautiful sunrise taken on holiday. It has had effects added to it and some digital painting and shapes as well.


A reminder that you still have almost a week to join us at Tag Tuesday with your favourite colour combination and the chance to win a prize

Try it on Tuesday has just started a new challenge and we would love you to join us there with a postcard or more that you made. My makes for the challenge are in the post before this one.

I think that is all for today

Enjoy whatever you are doing.

Love Chrissie xx




21 comments:

  1. very pretty garden art! and a fancy journal page! have a wonderful week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous art again, love the fiery sunrise piece, as you know, that is my fave time of day. Love the bright and beautiful garden piece, too. Hope your MIL is soon feeling better! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing garden art. You have such great ideas as well as there in the journal page today.
    Have a good start to August 😃

    ReplyDelete
  4. How impressive, Chrissie. I would NEVER have guessed it started out as a sink mat. You and Vic did a great job painting each of those pebbles. It really livens up your fence, too, even with the plants covering part of it.

    I'm sure glad you explained the AJJ page. For some reason, I missed the part where you are supposed to use a quote, saying, rhyme, etc. If I hadn't seen that, I would have felt foolish creating something different. Your page is fabulous.

    Thanks for sharing your lovely art piece for your fence with us for a second look on the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your MIL, I hope she is better soon! I adored this mat when you first posted it, the colours have lasted really well and your clematis has grown beautifully 😀. Your page is amazing and the saying reminds me of my childhood as we use to say this rhyme when we saw a red sky at night or in the morning. I love that you used your own photo and changed it digitally, the swirl and colors are so dramatic - perfect! Thanks for joining in the fun at Art Jounral Journey and for the happy memories 😀. Have a lovely week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope Mil is going to be allright.
    I love your art on the fence ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That journal Poetry in Motionis is fantastic!!!
    beautiful garden work!!!
    have a good Week
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful art!
    I have a sink mat I may have to alter! Lol!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your fancy page for AJJ Chrissie and the beautiful garden piece - so special!
    Happy Second on the 2nd and thank you very much for a fantastic entry linked to Art Journal JOureny!
    Wishing the best for you and your MIL - hope all wents well for all.
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic page,its full of movement.
    the red sky is so dramatic!wonderfull.
    love your flower that grow,hope mil going better soon.
    happy week.

    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Full of colour and joy is this post Chrissie. Love your wall plaque, so colourful. lovely post.xx[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope Vic is ok Chrissie. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. Love seeing that gorgeous garden piece and all your art too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful journal page and your garden art is fabulous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's what happens when I don't have the post to refer back to on the same page as the post. So sorry to read about your MIL. I hope she improves soon and you don't have to spend so much time in hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Changed the comments box setting so hope this is better for you Elizabeth

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its a wonderful piece of art in your garden Chrissie, it will brighten all the dull days we get here in the UK.
    I loved your fantastic journal page with the Shepherd image as well.
    I hope all will go well for your MIL and she won't be in hospital for too long.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your garden art is fabulous and looks lovely with the plant shadows over it! Love that quote and your brilliant digital page! Hope your MIL is better soon! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW and WOW, for both your projects. Love the art piece, great idea to colour up the garden for Winter too. Your digi work is amazing, always admire your digi work.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab pieces Chrissie, your sunrise looks amazing! I hope your MIL gets better quickly xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful piece to portray motion. The colours of bright reds and oranges mixed with blues really does create a sky feeling and the swirling creates a sense of movement! Your garden piece is brilliant! I just love how it brightens up the whole wall in that spot, a lovely decor piece!! I do hope you MIL is doing ok. sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The garden art piece is fun, I recognised the mat as soon as I saw it having considered buying one myself, for crafting of course... Great digital art too Chrissie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your comments. Reading them brings precious moments. Isn't it great to be able to be in touch with so many nice people in this way.