Thursday, 3 August 2017

Tag and photographs

Hello Everyone. It has soon got around to Thursday. Hope your week is going well and thank you for your visit.

Go Tag Thursday have the theme 'S' this week so lots of scope for that I'm sure.


I went full pelt for S's on this.

I got out the sewing machine so there is sewing and straggly bits of cotton that I love to leave on when I machine sew.
There are stamps that dear Valerie sent to me a few years--she sent loads and loads so thank you Valerie. I keep using them on all sorts of cards and crafty things and have given some away as well.

There are also staples to hold on the tag tie.

Scenery and a shell on the stamps and who knows what else beginning with S.

I have some photographs from when we went to York so will show a few now and some more at a later date. These are all pictures of the Minster or the Minster gardens. We were there very early thank goodness as the whole place is just one mass of people by mid morning



 There is a workshop set up to one side of the Minster and the stonemason are working to restore many parts of the building using old fashioned methods. They hadn't started work when we arrived but would like to go another time to see them working.









This is the front of the building with the beautiful Rose Window.

More another day

Love 

xxx










18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous 's' tag, you really got plenty of 'sssssss' on it. Glad you could use the stamps. Love the photos of York, such a lovely place, looking forward to seeing more. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag - great use of the stamps. I took my 10-year-old to York last summer and we both loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great tag and gorgeous photos from York ;O))

    ReplyDelete
  4. You put sizzle in that S tag. I really, really like it, and admire all those postage stamps you used in your art. Of course the sewing and staples added the icing on the cake.

    The photos of the Minster and Minster Gardens in York are wonderful. That is one incredible church. I can see why it is called a Minster. It is gorgeous. The idea of reproducing the work by stonemasons like they did it when the Minster was first made, makes it worth seeing. I'm glad you had a chance to get the photos, even if the stonemasons hadn't arrived yet. It's a genuine beauty. Thanks for taking us there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tag Chrissie. Between you and Valerie I sure have an educational journey through your world and I just love it. Love churches and where I came from in Adelaide it is called the City of Churches, most beautiful...
    Have you joined my candy...xx
    [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your stamps s tag. Those first statues are a hoot. I love the architecture and workmanship/artistry in old buildings, especially churches. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous tag and fantastic photos, dear Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous tag and your photos from York are just stunning Chrissie!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see the York Minster again, we were there a while ago. Wouldn't it be interesting to watch the stonemasons working if you could, and isn't it great that there still are stonemasons able to work in the old ways.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great tag and superb photos!! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its a fantastic tag Chrissie, those stamps looked great.
    Super photos as well from your York trip. It was fun to see the sunglasses on the statue in the Mason's yard.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous Chrissie, I love old stamps! Great photo's of York, one of my very favourite places xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tag looks wonderful with the postage stamps, thanks for the inspiration 😀. Your trip to York looks so much fun and you had me laughing at the sunglasses on the a statue ...Lol 😉. I'm loving your animated puzzle too - fabulous! Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  14. A truly fabulous tag Chrissie! Love how you took us sight seeing too!As you know I
    I loved York! Have a great weekend! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic tag using stamps as a feature :) Your pictures are fabulous, thanks for sharing. Take care, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great tag Chrissie. You used 'S' in so many different ways! Love the little stamps, great images! Wow that church is really something, such magnificent architecture! The grounds look really beautiful as well, what a wonderful place to take a day trip! sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have fallen in love with the special stitch on your tag! Great pics of York too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning Tag Chrissie...and a reminder for me to start using up my stash of stamps,lol.
    Love the stitching on your tag too..
    Thank you for playing along in this weeks challenge at Go Tag Thursday x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your comments. Reading them brings precious moments. Isn't it great to be able to be in touch with so many nice people in this way.