Tuesday, 10 October 2017

It's Halloween at Try it on Tues

I have been having a blog break with scheduled posts and this is the last of them
Unfortunately my life has changed a lot since I started blogging and time is scarce. I am not doing this sort of crafting at all now and have even given most of my craft things away to a charity group. Knitting and crocheting have taken over as that I can take with me when I am MIL sitting or anywhere else. My daughter is my inspiration and has provided me with wool and ideas for years to come.

This will be my last post as a DT at TIOT and I would like to thank all the wonderful team for having me there. Try it on Tuesday was one of the first blogs I ever joined in a challenge and I have always felt a part of it since then. The reward of being chosen as one of the TOP 5 and the chance to be chosen as a guest designer and maybe even as a team member is something very special I think.

Start of a new challenge today at Try it on Tuesday and the theme is 'It's Halloween at Try it on Tuesday'. Think Halloween and make something with that in mind. The wonderful team have shown inspiring ideas so I hope you will visit TIOT and also their blogs as well to see how they made the projects.

Here is my scary cube lit up by a battery operated candlelight. The string of owls are lit up by battery as well though they were bought.





These are the panels I made for the sides and I printed them out. Then cut them out leaving some at the sides edges to stick the pieces together to make a cube

 Just stick the box sides together then turn over the pieces at the top that fit over and under each other. This all fits over the electric candlelight. Mine is only small but you could make one any size you like. 

Hope you join us in the challenge

Also hope you will join in at Tag Tuesday where the theme is All Creatures Great and Small chosen by the wonderful Wilma

 Backing paper from an old magazine and seagull feathers from our garden


The cat was made up from an old fashioned doll dressing sheet

The owl and the pussycat springs to mind.


Love Chrissie xx

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I am sure we will all miss you a lot Chrissie. Love your scary cube, great idea! Beautiful tags for TT, thanks so much for joining us again. Hugs, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

You have been an honour to get to know Chrissie and I will miss your work of wonders. I have only NOW seen your email to me as I have been ill with influenza and was sad to read it. Take all life offers on a gold platter, enjoy what you like best and most of all keep the health. Keep in touch via email please...
love n hugs, xx [aNNie]

Meggymay said...

It is a stunning project Chrissie, with the candle lit up it glows and all the surfaces have beautiful things to see.
Your tags are also fabulous.
You are going to be missed by the TioT's gang, its hard for us to realise that this will be your last DT project.
Hugs Yvonne xx

Rosie said...

Dear Chrissie, it's a sad post and I'm sure you will miss from all of us in Blogland. Take care of you. I hope that we will see you again on this page

My name is Erika. said...

Sorry to hear how life has changed for you Chrissie. You will be missed. Maybe you can show us some knitting sometime if life ever settles back down again. Thanks for all your inspiration. Hugs-Erika

Marjut said...

A great projects!

nanskidrewski said...

Beautiful project. I love the colors. I know only too well how what needs to be done can take the time away from the fun part of creating something artistic, which can be time consuming and seem unnecessary. I do hope that you get to keep crocheting and knitting. Any creative pursuit and seeing that finished project gives a little respite and peace to the soul. Sending hugs.

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Take good care of yourself dear Chrissie! I will miss you a lot! Such wonderful projects always these are so creative made all!
oxo Susi

Margik said...

Great projects and so creative as usual!!!
I will miss you a lot dear Chrissie!
Big hugs! Mar

Joan said...

Love the little lantern Chrissie, so sorry you are leaving us


Joan

Craftychris said...

Love this, soooo cool! So sorry you are not going to be posting! You will be missed a lot! Perhaps you will be able to post some of your knitting and crochet instead? It would be fabulous to see! xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm going to miss you SO much. I will miss you at the challenge blogs you were a DT at, I'll miss you at T Tuesday, and I'll miss seeing your inchies. I hope you will keep this blog open because you have been such an inspiration to me, especially with your incredible recycling projects. Best of luck with your latest adventures in yarn, and feel free to drop in and show us what you have made whenever you can. Thanks for being such a great inspiration to me in the past, dear Chrissie. I feel like I should say more, but words don't come easily when you realize this could be your final post.

sam21ski said...

Sorry this is your last post Chrissie, but as you say, sometimes things change and life takes over. Keep in touch - Samx xx

Daffodil Cards said...

AMAZING work, always loved and admired your creativeness.
Faith
x

Sue said...

These are really fab, fun pieces Chrissie, I love them all. I will miss your happy posts and visiting your blog. Take care, Sue xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Chrissie! Finishing your DT post on a high I think - I love this - what a fun idea! Your tags are fabulous too! I shall miss you so much - your inspiring projects, your travels(and ideas of places to visit), your lovely words! I do hope you will be able to pop back into blogland from time to time to show us what you have been making! Big Hugs, Chrisx

Linda Kunsman said...

Love your lantern project Chrissie and the tags are so sweet! Sometimes life makes us choose where we need to cut back. Wishing you all the best and hope to catch you around blogland from time to time.

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh Chrissie your final lantern project for TIOT is incredible, wow, what a stunner!! Your other piece is lovely too I am sure you will be sorely missed by them and all of us here too!!! I know life takes its own twists and turns and we have to follow where it leads us. Wishing you all the very best for your new adventures, duties and whatever else is coming your way.... Hopefully we will see you and your lovely crafty creations here in blogland from time to time at least, but meanwhile sending you the best of warm wishes! Big hugs! xxx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Chrissie, This is a fabulous project and so inspirational - I'm so sad that this is your last at TioT, you will be missed by us all.
It has been such a pleasure getting to know you and seeing your creativity.
Love and hugs Avril xx

hazel said...

I love your lantern project Chrissie, just right for this time of year - I shall miss you lots, your work is always so lovely, take care of yourself.
xxx Hazel.